A Camp Counselor gives me a Mental Examination

"So you are...?" Mr B, what does that stand for or is that literally his last name, asked.

"I'm Wanda Maximoff. This is Sam Wilson, Scott Lang, Clint Barton, and...Steve Rogers." Hey. Percy trusts him. That's good enough for me.

Plus he really didn't seem to care that we're members of the Avengers.

Or should I say former?

"My name is Chiron Brunner-"

"Like the centaur?" I blurted out.

Instead of looking annoyed that he was interrupted he smiled. "Yes. Exactly like the centaur my dear."

Then he chuckled. "I'm guessing Percy has rubbed off- Travis Conner! Stop trying to light Cabin Three on fire!"

Wait what?!

I turned around to see two identical boys carrying a bunch of stuff.

"Aw but Chiron! It's a challenge from the gods!"

The man sighed. "Percy's back so-"

"Yes! Our pranking buddy is back! Let's go Connor!"

Connor nodded and the two ran off.

"The one who said his brother's name was Connor is Connor. They tend to do that a lot." Mr Brunner sighed once more.

"You must be the people Priscila Johnson wanted permission for. You don't look like much." A man in a really loud party shirt was standing in the doorway, a pack of cards in hand.

Who's Priscilla?

I heard a noise and I looked at Sam and Scott who each had a hand over their mouth.

"Please excuse Mr D. He hasn't had his Diet Coke yet. And he means Percy."

Oh.

The man points at Steve. "PTSD, survivor's guilt."

Then at Sam. "Survivor's guilt."

Then Scott. "He drinks a fair bit."

Then Clint. "Adjustment disorder. Survivor's guilt."

Then me. "What the heck have you done girlie? Immense mental trauma, survivor's guilt. Mild depression."

I flinched. Did not want them to know about any of that.

And I'm pretty sure we were all staring at the dude.

"Mr D. I would appreciate it if you didn't give them a three second glimpse at their mental state." Mr Brunner fixed the blanket over his legs.

"How did you-" Steve started before being interrupted.

"Mr D is camp counselor. He also is skilled with identify any mental disorder."

"It's always just a push that shoves you into insanity. You need a heck of a lot of pulling to get out."

Well then.

That was cheery.

Very cheery.

"That may have been the wisest thing I've heard you say." Mr Brunner looked at Mr D.

The man scoffed. "Didn't you tell Persis that if she kept trying with archery she'd get better?"

"Among one of the worst pieces of advice I've ever given. She went to lessons and still only barely succeeded in not hitting the others." Well.

That explains it.

"Yeah. I had her use a bow once-" Clint started.

"Bad idea. She almost shot me and I was behind her." Mr Brunner looked towards the cabins in the distance.

"The arrow landed right between my feet." Clint nodded. "I've never seen anyone that bad in my life."

"Well...we better give you a tour then. And I better make sure Travis and Connor aren't pranking Cabin Ten. The last time that happened it was a disaster."

I really wanted to ask what happened, but I had a feeling that I really didn't want to.

Wheeling himself down the ramp, he gestured for us to follow.

"Over there are the volleyball courts. And the archery range is over that way. We also have an arena for fighting." He pointed off towards different things.

"No wonder she's so good at fighting." Steve mumbled.

"Percy is the best swordfighter I've ever seen. She'd probably be able to best Achilles."

Okay...

Wasn't Achilles like invulnerable except for his heel? So if she could beat him...

Of course he did die from an arrow to the heel so...

"And over here are the cabins. The original twelve are in the middle and are larger."

We entered the almost rectangle.

In the middle of the area was a burning fire.

"All the even numbers are on that side and the odds on that side."

"Why do they all look so..."

"Different from each other? We believe in the Greek gods. Each cabin has a god or goddess as a patron."

Wait. They believe in the gods of ancient Greece? Well that really explains his name.

"Cabin one is Lord Zeus. Cabin two his wife Lady Hera. Three is Lord Poseidon. Four, Lady Demeter. Five, Lord Ares. Six, Lady Athena. Seven, Lord Apollo. Eight, Lady Artemis. Nine, Lord Hephaestus. Ten, Lady Aphrodite. Eleven, Lord Hermes. Twelve, Lord Dionysus."

"Wow." Steve shifted uncomfortably. Well he is a practicing Christian. So stating in this place will probably be weird for him.

"We try not to use their names too often. Names have power after all. Percy has come up with some rather...unique nicknames from what I've heard from others."

"Like what?" I tilted my head. Percy being unique in nicknames is very hard to believe.

"She's called the queen of the gods...Crazy Old Bag Lady. The king...Drama Queen. She probably has some more for the others we haven't heard yet."

Well. I stand corrected.

Crazy Old Bag Lady. Where did she even get the idea for that one?

"What cabin is she? Three right?" I questioned him.

He nodded. "Yes. It is right next to Cabin One."

"I'm going to go see if she's there. Have fun guys."

I ran towards the head cabin.

Then I turned toward the cabin that seemed like it was carved from the seafloor.

That actually makes sense now.

I walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for a reply.

I didn't get one. Except for the sound of... muffled sobbing?

"Percy? I'm coming in." I opened the door.

Merry Christmas!

Or if you don't celebrate it...happy December 25

And happy birthday SophiaGrace1225

Go check her profile out guys

See yah