The Pirate and the Half-Fish Horse

"I cannot believe you guys let a sixteen year old beat you!"

The pirate, sorry I meant Fury, yelled. Why am I even here? I didn't go to capture her.

"Sorry sir. It won't happen again." Natasha said. I don't think I can fully trust her. Too eager to please.

But then again I was eager to get revenge on Stark.

"It had better not. I want her here in seventy-two hours, are we clear?"

"Yes Fury." We answered, much like robots.

Fury left, coat flaring dramatically as he exited. How does he do that every single time?

I can't be the only one wondering this.

"Well, Natasha how about you run facial recognition see if she's in the city. Clint and I will go check out her apartment. File's on the table." Steve left, followed by Clint.

Those two I can trust, Steve is a leader who looks out for others.

Basically the opposite of Stark.

Clint, he has family. He knows that my brother was the only one I had left. And then he saved Clint and that little boy, losing his life in the process.

Vision looked at me with concern, why?

"Wanda?" Vision prompted.

"What?" I snapped.

Vision looked hurt by my tone, but I don't need this right now.

"I had been calling your name for a minute, are you okay?" By now everyone was staring, great attention.

Why not write 'Hey I'm a freak with powers to make you see your worst fear' on my forehead?

No don't think like that. I am still me, I think.

"I need to be alone." I got up and walked out the door, not bothering to push in my chair. It is a smart chair.

Moments like these I appreciate seemingly useless or lazy technology.

I walked into my room, slamming the door.

I flopped down on my bed, a sigh escaping my lips.

What should I do? I was never forbidden from leaving the compound. I could go see a movie.

My gaze drifted to the scrap of paper laying on my dresser. Should I?

I mean I could get in trouble but...

Making up my mind, I pulled out my cellphone, courtesy of Stark, and dialed the number.

It rung twice before someone answered it.

"Hello?" Percy's voice rang out from the speaker.

"Hey Percy. Its Wanda. Do you want to hang out today?"

I know, I know. I was supposed to capture her. But, I want to have a friend.

I've never really had a friend other than my brother.

"Sure. By the way, you might want to have someone pick up Clint and Patriot. Oh and tell them I don't like being kidnapped." Well that was fast.

I looked at the clock.

I guess it has been about an hour.

"I can do that. Where you want to meet up?" I'm probably going to regret this, but you only live once.

"Um, how about Sweet on America? Do you need directions?"

"That's great! And I'm fine, I have Maps on my phone."