I get Grounded

I walked into the kitchen area to see Vision cooking.

And what he was cooking smelled decidedly like-

"Is that paprikash?" I asked.

"I though it might lift your spirits." He looked at the recipe.

I chuckled and walked over to the stove.

Stirring the pot I got a little on the spoon.

I blew on it before tasting it.

I looked at Vision smiling. He was staring at me taking in my reaction. "Spirits lifted."

"In my defense, I haven't actually eaten anything before, so..." Vision started awkwardly.

"May I?" I interrupted.

"Please." He stepped back.

I lifted a spice and smelled it. Remind me to get Vision enrolled in a cooking class sometime.

"Wanda?"

"Hmm." I looked up at Vision.

"No one dislikes you, Wanda." Oh no. Sure doesn't feel that way. I tilted my head.

"Thanks." I twisted the lid back on the spice.

"Oh, you're welcome." Vision said. "No, it's a involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you."

I noticed as Percy walked in. Nat sent her back to the compound because she got sick.

"Are you?" I asked to both of them, knowing Percy had heard what Vision said.

"My amygdala is synthetic, so..."

I laughed and looked at Percy.

She smiled. "Wanda if you scared me well I would have been dead a long time ago. You should see my dad's side of the family."

She let out a loud laugh.

I stirred the paprikash and looked down so I wouldn't splash any.

"I used to think of myself one way. But after this..." I let a tiny sphere of powers hover over my finger. "I am something else."

"I'm still me, I think, but..." I dropped my hand and looked at Vision. "That's not what everybody else sees."

He looked over his shoulder, before turning back to me.

Percy sat on a chair.

"Do you know, I don't know what this is?" He tapped the Mind Stone. "Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities, but...it's true nature is a mystery"

"And yet, it is part of me." He finished looking at me.

"Are you afraid of it?" I asked.

"I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day... who knows? I may even control it."

"My family. They hate me but they've used me so many times." Percy looked at me. "I've had no real choice in the matter. Only a few of the important members in my family actually like me."

She smiled. "And thanks to them I'm still alive and not dead at fourteen."

I waited for her to continue.

"But after four years knowing them the thing is... I'm terrified. Not of them. Of what the enemies of my family are willing to do." She reached her hand over her opposite shoulder.

She winced as she touched the area, as if it hurt.

Or if the memories hurt.

"I'm not scared for myself. I'm scared for every other member of my family."