Bucky remembers his best friend...from WWII...and I make a huge apology

Bucky groaned and lifted his head.

Then he looked at his metal arm. Which Steve had so conveniently placed between the clamps of some huge machine.

I could hear a helicopter fly by.

"Hey Cap!" Sam yelled, seeing as Bucky was awake.

Steve ran over from the door. Bucky groaned again, trying to free his arm.

"Steve." He said, out of breath. Well.

I suppose if I had my arm stuck like that and I was struggling to free it I'd be out of breath too.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"

"Your mom's name was Sarah." He paused. "You used to wear newspapers your shoes." He chuckled.

"Can't read that in a museum." Steve said. A ghost of a smile was on his face.

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked.

"Sam. Stop." I glared at the veteran.

He flinched.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked.

"Enough." Steve answered.

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen." He hung his head.

I sighed and walked over to him.

"Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

I wrapped my arms around him.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"That's Percy. A suspected terrorist. She's been living with the Avengers the last month."

"I figured I should say I'm sorry."

"What for?" Bucky asked. "I did those things."

"No. Not for that. For what Hydra did. That's my family's fault. If my idiot cousin hadn't done all that stuff..."

"Wait wait wait. Hold up. Hitler was your cousin?!" Sam asked.

I smiled sadly and hugged Bucky a little tighter.

"My family tends to have a long lifespan. But yeah. He was. But-"

"We have had Hitler's cousin living with us for a month!"

This is why I don't say anything.

"Yes and Churchill was my brother so get over it! Like I said. My dad was old when he met my mom."

Steve shook his head. "Who was he?" He asked trying to get us back on topic.

"I don't know." Bucky shook. I released him.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup...the doctor did all of that just to get ten minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know'"

Bucky struggled to put his thoughts together. "He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?"

Bucky seemed like he didn't want to share this information. But he did.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier.

"What?" Steve asked calmly.

"I was sent to retrieve more serum. It was used to enhance more people. The side effects were rather painful. Although I think you know that." He looked at Steve.

"I trained them. I was ordered to hold back. They wanted a trump card. In case they went rogue. Which they did at one point."

"Who were they?" Steve asked, leaning against a wall.