Chapter 13

Camilla took a walk outside their house. She tugged her navy blue cardigan closer to her and breath in the fresh air before going to Hogwarts tomorrow. It was a cloudy day and the streets were a bit deserted. Camilla continued walking she witnessed a scene. She saw a man with black robes, forcefully dragging him into an empty dark alleyway. When the man in the robes suddenly sensed someone's presence, he quickly looked at the left side. Camilla was on the right side so she quickly hid behind a tree. The man then looked at right side but saw no one and quickly dragged the man into the alleyway. Once they were out of sight, Camilla let out a shaky breath and followed them but she leaned onto the wall and didn't get inside. She heard murmurs.

"What did you say?"

"We know who she is. The one in the graveyard that night" there was silence for a moment. "Who is she?"

"I believe that her last name is Devonshire. She's also the one who figured out Crouch junior" Camilla's eyes widened and it's like her blood has been drained from her body. "Really huh? The dark lord said she'll be useful to us. He believes she holds powerful magic"

"He already is planning to trap the-" a twig snapped and everything was silent. Camilla was panicking already panicking inside because she was the one who accidentally snapped the twig.

"Wh-"

"Shh!" Camilla heard slowly coming to her direction. She slowly went to the tree and quietly climbed it. Good thing it was full of leaves. When she brought up her leg, the man then came into view. She was relieved that she climbed up on time. She cover her mouth as she held the branch for support. The man came back to the alleyway and Camilla heard the sound of apparating.

She jumped and landed on her right knee while her left hand for her support on the ground. She stood up and wiped the sweat off of her forehead. She was now indeed terrified once they know where she lives. She hurriedly went back to her home which was practically empty except for the presence of her house elf. It had just been yesterday since the meeting. She wanted to tell this to Professor Dumbledore. She doesn't want to tell anyone of what she had just heard except for him.

Camilla was a bit glad when she was back at Hogwarts. She felt safe. Not worrying about the two men whom she encountered near her neighborhood whispering things about them knowing her. "Congratulations on being the new prefect Camilla! You too Maven!" Cho said as they were having the feast. "Thanks" Camilla said in response while Maven just smiled. "I think Camilla likes this prefect thing ey? Seeing that we will always have a meeting with the Head boy named Cedric Diggory?" She rolled her eyes at him.

"Erm Camilla? Is it me or is Malfoy is looking at you?" She glanced at his direction and he was indeed looking at her. "Just leave him" she said. "So how are you all?" Camilla asked. "Oh! My parents and i went to Paris! It was so pretty!" Samantha said with a smile on her face. "My family and i went to beaches from other countries" Aneth answered.

"I just spent my time with my family in Japan" she nodded. After the feast, Professor Dumbledore stood in front of everyone. "Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who'll be taking Care of magical creatures while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... professor Dolores Umbridge. And i'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you..."

"She looks pretty intimidating" Samantha commented which her circle of friends agreed. Then suddenly she cleared her throat which caught Dumbledore's attention and she stood up. "Thank you headmaster for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going
to be very good friends." Camilla looked around and saw the total opposite. "The Ministry of Magic has always considered ...the education of young witches
and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, perfect what can be perfected and prune practices that ought to be prohibited." Then she sat back down to her seat. "Thank you professor. That was most illuminating"