Chapter 52

"They say curiosity kills a cat, but for Darius and Calla, they still had one life left. Lucky for them though, for escaping death from my very own hands. Sometimes, torture is better than death. Makes you enjoy the show even more." As the Dark Lord's black cloth glided across the black wooden floor of the Malfoy Manor, with his snake, Nagini, slithering the cold floor beside him, Voldemort walked towards Camilla's floating body, a menacing smile plastered on his face, taunting the girl alone in the room, with the fireplace crackling, the only source of light they have. 

"The thing with secrets, my girl, is that it is supposed to be only be kept by one person. No other party involved. Do you know why secrets even exist?"

Camilla with her body afloat, stayed quiet, holding back her tears, breathing heavily. She was scared. She was one step ahead in meeting her sister. "Your father knew what I was somewhat , how should I say this-- vulnerable of. Can you tell me what it is?" Camilla shivered, feeling his hot breath, turning away from him, closing her eyes shut, desperate to think that this was all just a dream. Voldemort was then on the other side where Camilla turned her head, his eyebrows furrowed, gritting his teeth, pointing his wand at her, "tell me!"

Camilla flinched, "h-horcurxes" she says, her voice quivering with fear. Voldemort nodded turned away from her, looking at the Manor's garden from the full length arched window, holding his wand, caressing it, as Camilla was starting to have difficulty in breathing. "Yes. Horcruxes. The only thing that still keeps me alive to achieve immortality, to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work. It can only be created after committing murder, with an object I could store my soul with it. This necklace was from your sister right?"

The necklace with gold chains around Voldemort's pale hand hangs from it, with its pendant swinging around with the picture of the Devonshire family in it. Camilla's eyes widened, not remembering when he got his hands on it. Voldemort walked slowly towards her, his eyes full of lust for blood and death, "answer me." Camilla slowly nodded, her tears uncontrollably falling down her cheeks, gritting her teeth. Voldemort nodded and gripped onto the necklace, "one more horcrux wouldn't hurt, right?"

Camilla trembled, not believing such an evil man could ever exist. "NO!"  It was like music to Voldemort's ears, the sound of fear from his victims. The idea of fearing him boosts his twisted ego, as the Dark Lord, making him even more powerful. "If you didn't meddle things that aren't supposed to be meddled in, you wouldn't be here. This is a perfect horcrux, and now I would like to thank you for your sacrifice." Voldemort laughed evilly as Camilla started to scream, completely defeated.

With his wand pointed at her, she looked at him in the eye, all helpless. As the words fell out of his mouth, green strokes of light went coming towards her and then, everything went black.

Sitting up from the bed, Camilla was covered in sweat, breathing heavily. As she looked around, she saw Cedric sleeping soundly beside her, much to her relief. It was all just a dream. She was safe but having that dream deeply terrified her. She slowly got out of bed, trying to not wake Cedric up and went to the kitchen sink, splashing some cold water onto her face. She heard the relaxing sound of the waves from the ocean, making her look out the window. It was still dark but almost dawn. She decided to head out, closing the door behind her, she walked onto the fine grainy sand of the beach, distancing herself from the cottage. The wind blows through her natural hazelnut hair, clutching her plaid blanket scarf to her body for warmth from the cool sea breeze.

She sat down on the sand, pulling her legs closer to her chest, resting her chin on her arms, with her eyes just staring at the sea, clearing her mind. The dream just kept replaying in Camilla's head, pure torture. She wanted to forget about it. Meeting the man who craves for power through the dark arts in her dream was already horrifying, how much more if they'll meet him in person soon, this time, he would be much stronger and powerful. Her mind then wanders to the Devonshire Manor, going through the entrance, there was the empty living room, through the old kitchen, then to Darius Devonshire's office. At the very edge of the bookshelf, there hidden was the safe. The contents contained in that black box were in the knowledge of only Darius Devonshire, for he can only unlock it and the house-elf, Booky.