Chapter 23

"Do you want me to let him?"

"Yes." Then the professor looked at Camilla, "as for you, Camilla. Be observant as possible"

"Yes professor"

The brunette girl was walking into the great hall, which was a bit empty, for breakfast. She didn't saw any of her friends yet so she was about to head to the Ravenclaw table when she spotted Hermione who was eating with Ron and Harry. As always.

She decided to eat with them so she walked towards them and said, "morning. Do you mind if i join you?"

Hermione smiled at her and said, "no. Not at all." She thanked her and sat down beside the curly haired girl. She finally took a long glance at the two boys in front of them.

"Let me guess. Quidditch try outs. Yeah?"

Harry nods and Ron looks at his plate intently. "You alright Weasley?" Camilla asked, "he's just a bit tense and i already told him there's nothing to be nervous about" Harry explained.

"Can i watch then? I've got nothing to do anyways. It's been quite awhile since I witnessed a quidditch game or in this case, quidditch try outs"

"Sure. You can watch with Hermione" she nodded and ate breakfast.

After the golden trio and Camilla ate their breakfast, they headed to the quidditch pitch. Camilla breathed in the cold and fresh air. The two girls sat down on the sidelines and Hermione and  Camilla payed attention at the Gryffindor quidditch try-outs.

Harry tries -- with little success -- to get the attention of the throng of aspiring Quidditch players assembled on the pitch.

"All right! Queue up! Excuse
me..."

"Poor Harry" Camilla mumbles, "SHUT IT!" Instant silence. Harry frowns, nods to Ginny nevertheless. "Thanks. All right. This morning I'll be putting you all through a
few drills to assess your strengths. But know this: Just because you made the team last year does not guarantee you a spot this year. Is that clear?"

Ron looks unnerved at this, sweating so much he's attracted a PESKY FLY. CORMAC McLAGGEN, the huge boy from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, sidles up.

Camilla couldn't quite figure out what were the two boys discussing but moments later Cormac gives a lewd wink, saunters off. Ron glances up to the stands. Hermione smiles, waves. "You like him, huh?"

"W-what?" Camilla smirked at Hermione and looked back at the scene before them. "It's in your eyes. I can tell you like him"

Hermione rolled her eyes playfully, "i do not" Camilla softly smiled at her then diverted her attention back to the field. Ginny flies swiftly, handling the Quaffle with ease. TWO SECOND YEARS collide in mid-air.
Cormac makes a brilliant save. Ron makes a shaky save. Hermione looks on, nervous for him. Katie Bell snatches a Quaffle with one hand, splits two defenders beautifully and makes a slick blind pass to Dean who jets high in the air, then lets the Quaffle roll off his fingers... right into Ginny's hands as she races below.

Seamus sends a Bludger rocketing into the stands, scatters a group of onlookers, leaving only Neville, who sidles delicately to the right as the others leg it. DEMELZA ROBINS, bent low over her stick, pins the Quaffle under her chin, splits two Bludgers and a pair of Beaters.

The survivors press ICE PACKS to their heads, run TAPE round twisted fingers. Only Ron, hovering at the west goal, and Cormac, hovering at the east, remain on the pitch. Luna, Spectrespecs in place, eyes Cormac -- cool, confident, clear. Then eyes Ron -- sweaty, nervous, SWARMING in WRACKSPURTS.