Chapter 44

Comforting someone was not something Camilla was good at. Cedric was laying down on the couch with the letter in his hand from his mother.

Camilla decided to make some tea and cookies for him. As the kettle was heating up, Camilla pulled out ingredients from the cupboard and started to bake. As the cookies were in the oven, the kettle made its annoying noise, she turned it off and poured it into a teacup. As the cookies were already baked, she put on some kitchen mittens and took out the trey with freshly baked cookies.

The smell the cookies lingered in the air, making Cedric stand up and headed towards the kitchen. Camilla's back was facing forward. Walking towards her, he wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her from behind, Camilla letting out a shriek.

"You don't need to be so loud, love."

He says and kissed the back of her ear, sending Camilla some shivers down her spine and her heart beating rapidly.

"You could've told me you were coming in."

He smiled a little, "imagine if it were like this everyday."

Camilla smiled softly, "I would love that."

As Cedric was pleased with her answer, he kissed her neck, hugging her tighter. Camilla's mouth was agape, pleased with the sensation.

She placed her hands on his arms but she felt like she was melting, her head pulling back and let out a soft moan, calling his name.

"Cedric" she says, trying to stop him when he found her weakspot and made her moan even louder.

"Shh love, the neighbors might hear."

Cedric said with a smirk on his lips. He pulled away and leaned on the kitchen island.

Camilla was still a little flustered, her cheeks red as a tomato.

"D-don't do that all so suddenly." She says, her hand making its way to her neck and quickly went to the kitchen's mirror, noticing the red mark near her collar bone. 

"Ugh." She says and glared at Cedric.

"You seemed to enjoy it." He says, his smirk growing even wider. She rolled her eyes and went to cool of the cookies.

"You made this for me?" He says as he stood beside her. Camilla nodded and he kissed her cheeks.

"Why don't give I give it a taste then?"

Camilla watched as he grabbed a cookie and took a bite of it. He suddenly smiled, "they're delicious."

He says as he finished the cookie. Camilla shrugged.

"When do we leave?" She asked, casting a spell to let the utensils clean itself.

"Tomorrow?" She nodded and sighed.

"I miss my friends." said Camilla as she returned the clean utensils back to its place.

Cedric frowned, "do they send you letters?"

Camilla shook her head. 

Cedric walked towards her and intertwined his hand on hers, rubbing circles on it with his thumbs.

"How about we pack and move to the apartment first before we'll contact them. How does that sound?"

Camilla smiled softly and nodded, Cedric planting a kiss on her forehead before they headed to their rooms and packed.

•••

Greeneries and a friendly environment. Camilla felt a relieved and peaceful.