Chapter 37

Hours had passed and the order has not come back yet with Harry which made Camilla's hands colder and getting even more worried.

"They'll be fine, Camilla." Ginny gave her a faint smile. "It's been awhile since they left. I'm so worried for them. I'm so worried about Cedric"

Ginny caressed her back, "he'll be fine Camilla. He is a tough badger after all"

Camilla appreciated Ginny's effort in reassuring her but she was still worried.

After a bit of waiting, they heard a sound of an engine outside and the three hurriedly went outside.

The first ones to arrive were Hagrid and Harry which relieved Camilla, Molly and mostly Ginny.

"Harry! Hagrid! What happened?!
Have you seen the others?" Molly Weasley asked with a worried look.

"Is no one back yet?" He looks from Mrs. Weasley to Ginny. Ginny shakes her head. "They were on us from the star', Molly -- the Death Eaters. And You-Know-Who as well." Hagrid said as he took off his helmet. Molly Weasley's face betrays panic, but she fights it back. "Well, thank goodness you two are
all right."

"Cedric. Have you seen Cedric?" Camilla says right away. "I haven't. It's a bloodbath out there but I'm sure he's fine. If he survived the tri-wizard tournament, I'm sure he will survive tonight." Camilla nodded, letting out a shaky breath.

"Haven't go' any brandy, have yeh,
Molly? Fer medicinal purposes?" Molly nods, leading him toward the house. Once out of earshot, Harry turns expectantly to Ginny. She looks frightened. "Ron and Tonks should've already been back. Dad and Fred as well."

Suddenly, several yards away, a blue light burns in the darkness. Harry, Ginny and Camilla rush towards it just as Lupin materializes, cradling an unconscious "Harry," clothes torn, head awash in blood. Harry takes in the surreal tableau, then watches "himself" transform into George, who bears the true damage. Ginny's hands fly to her face.

"Oh my goodness! George!" Camilla exclaimed as she saw him, the side of his head all bloody. "The house! Quickly!"

As Harry assisted Lupin with George, Camilla stood outside, frightened by the fact that Cedric was not back yet. A few seconds later, a blue glow glimmers against the window, where Hagrid stands. Hermione and Kingsley stand together, looking shaken. As the others rush forward, Kingsley points his wand at Lupin.

"The last words Albus Dumbledore
spoke to the pair of us?"

"Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him." Shacklebolt lowers his wand, wheels on Harry. "What gave you away?"

"Hedwig -- I think. She was trying
to protect me --"

Just then, the yard glows with blue light and one pair after another materialize: Fred & Mr. Weasley, Bill & Fleur, Ron & Tonks. Ron is still "Harry," but Hermione doesn't hesitate, enveloping him in a fierce hug. As he transforms back into his own battle-weary self, he looks mildly abashed to be in such close proximity to Hermione.

"Where's Cedric? Why is he not back yet?" Camilla's body started to shake, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. Fleur rushed to her cousin who was about to have a nervous breakdown, "F-Fleur. What if he's hurt?" Fleur held her cousin tightly. "I'm sure he's-"

The yard glows another blue light, making Camilla tilt her head up, squinting her eyes. She saw a silhouette coming towards them. Camilla looked up and she quickly ran towards him, giving him a bone crushing hug. "Camilla I'm sorry-"

He was cut off with a pair of lips on his. He kissed back passionately and held her tightly, not having the intention in letting go. Camilla broke the kiss and hugged him again. "I'm sorry if i made you worry" he says as he caressed her hair. Camilla looked at him in the eye, "let's forget about that now. You're here, alive. That's what matters"