Chapter 50

The smell of the salty sea and the feeling of the damp sand greets them as they arrived at Shell Cottage on the outskirts of Tinworth, Cornwall, England. Everyone was shaken but felt relieved that they finally got out of the Malfoy Manor. Everyone was on the ground, trying to take in their surroundings. From a distance, Ron holds Hermione in his arms, tears sting her eyes.

"It's alright, Hermione. You're safe. We're all safe." Harry looked around to see everyone and relief washed over him that everyone got out.

Cedric has Camilla in his arms, the girl unable to speak, still shaken from the events that happened. "What did they do to you?" Cedric says as he softly caressed Camilla's swollen and wounded cheeks to which she flinched but tears were still coming out of her eyes. "Shh shh it's okay we're safe now" he comforted her as he rubbed his hand on her back with his other hand on her hair, caressing it.

"M-my parents. They said they have no chance of remembering to who they were and to who I am to them." She says in a low whisper, her voice cracking. Cedric let Camilla rest her head onto the crook of his neck while trying to calm her down and whispering comforting words that everything will be okay. Suddenly, everyone went quiet, looking at the figure before Harry.

When Harry notices, he quickly turned around and saw Dobby just standing there, a blade through his stomach, a hand over his heart. "Dobby... no" As Harry rushes forward to him, Dobby fell into his arms, his eyes looking up to the sky and looked at Harry with a faint smile.

"It's okay... Here... Just, hold on, Dobby. I'll fix you— Hermione, your bag— you must have something— essence of dittany— something... Hermione! Help me!"

Hermione just stands their, tears streaming down her eyes, knowing that she can't be able to do anything to help the house elf. Harry's eyes then turned to Camilla who was still laying down on the soft sand, in Cedric's arms. "Camilla... please... enchantments or healing charms... anything" Harry said helplessly but Camilla frowned and shook her head, unable to think of anything to heal Dobby, not to mention that her wand wasn't in her possession.

"Such a beautiful place...to be with friends. Dobby is happy to be with his friend... Harry Potter."

Dobby gives a little shudder, looking up to the blue skies and hearing the calm waves of the ocean, then the light in his eyes disappears, his soul separated from his body. Dobby was dead. Harry doesn't want to believe that the house elf who wanted for him to be safe was dead. The house elf who protected him. The house elf who stopped him from going to Hogwarts on his second year to save his life. Harry cried his eyes out, unable to accept Dobby's death but there was nothing to be done anymore. Luna then knelt down beside Harry and looked at the poor house elf, "I think we should close his eyes." She says softly, "there all better. Now he can sleep peacefully."

"Thanks Luna"

Bill Weasley then emerged from his home, relieved that he saw all of the people he knows are alright.

"Fleur's seeing to Ollivander. If anyone else need tending-" His eyes then fell to Harry who was holding Dobby's lifeless body. He frowned to see what Harry had lost and approached him.

"I want to bury him, without magic."

Bill nodded and gripped onto Harry's shoulder, "I know a place where we can bury him" he says softly and stands up.

"But first we need to wrap him in a clean cloth. We should get inside the house first mate" he instructed, Harry nodded and slowly walked towards the cottage. Bill then saw Cedric who was carrying Camilla. He ran towards him and saw Camilla's bruises, alarming Bill.

"We need her to get to Fleur. You need those scratches cleaned up also."

"Thanks mate. I really appreciate it."