Chapter 1

Author's note: This is a Naruto fanfic. I don't own the characters, it belongs to Kishimoto. I'm doing this for fun and well, to see if I got skills of writing stories. Hope you like it!

Chapter 1:

It was a fine day in for the Uzumaki family in Konoha. My father was working in the Hokage office as always and my older brother was doing Genin missions with Sarada and Mitsuki.

And me? Well, I've always spent the days with my mother training the Hyuga techniques or helping her run the house. Yes, I'm Himawari Uzumaki, or as some people used to say, "Konoha's Sunflower." But that was 7 years ago, when my father recieved that letter from Suna.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hinata pack your things, we're going to Suna you know!" Said my father who somehow managed to be exited for the news besides all the paperwork he had to do.

"Is there a special reason, Naruto-kun?"

"Well, we haven't gone on a trip since I've become Hokage, and we can have family time in Suna after I settle the next chunin exams with Gaara, you know."

"Then we have to tell the kids about it." finished my mother saying. Oh, just to let you know, her name is Hinata. She's from the Hyuga Clan but she married my father so my aunt Hanabi became the next heiress.

Anyway, mom and dad told us the news at dinner when my older brother, Boruto came. He was kinda excited too, but he didn't show it that clearly. On the next morning, we parted from Konoha with Shikadai and his parents. I remember the journey being a little long because the night caught us on the way, but we arrived safetly at the Wind Country.

Here's where my memories are tricky. I remember seeing the Kazekage and his wife. He was a tall, white man with red hair and dark eyes. He also had the sign of "love" tattoed on one side of his forehead. He appeared to be a stoic serious man but somehow I remembered him smiling at me. Meanwhile, his wife always had a soft smile, she was kinda energetic but she always had this soft voice that reminded me of my mother sometimes. She had long, light brown hair and used glasses when she needed to read a letter or a book.

I also remember that they had twins. One of them was a boy and the other was a girl. They both had red hair. The girl had green eyes and the look of her mother while the boy had dark brown eyes. I don't remember their names, but I do know that I used to hang out with the boy alot during my short stay at Suna. I know that for some reason I felt safe and comfortable with him because of all the fun I was having.

There was one day that I got out of the Kazekage's mansion with him to play around the city. His twin sister was training so she couldn't come with us, but I didn't care. My father used to say that I should be careful before letting me go and told Gaara something about the three of us being a shinobi team or something. But anyway, I didn't care about that so I ran off with my new friend and played until night came. Big mistake.