Chapter 28

There was so many information in my mind. First, they attack Suna, then hey almost kill Boruto, then they want me to leave wih them and now it turns out that there's a war coming?!?! And they want to revive the Ten tails?!?! With my chakra!?!?!?

I felt exhausted. My breathings were deep and slow. I started walking through the destroyed battlefield.

I gasped, realizing what I just did again. I let the Phoenix took control over me. "Are they..." I muttered while looking with fear my brother and friend's chakra. "Ah, they're fine.." I said while sighing.

I kept on walking slowly, leaving bloody footprints. Then I felt my body falling.

This was it.

I'm passing out.

Suddenly, I felt a strong pair of arms grab my body. I opened my eyes to see who it was.

"You did well..."

I focused on the man with dark red hair who just spoke. His green eyes were looking at me with care.

"G-Gaara sensei..." I muttered.

"Hold on to me.." He said while carrying me in bridal style.

--------------------------------------------------------

I carried her in bridal style and take her to where the villagers were. It was obvious that she was exhausted and her injuries proved it. Yeah, the Phoenix took over her body but this time, she managed to control it...I know it.

While walking, I remembered the first day when we arrived from Konoha.

*Flashback*

"Here we are!! Home sweet home!!" said Hinoide excited. "This will also be your home from now on Hima. Aren't you excited?!"

"Uh? Well..yeah sure you know?" she said.

"Let's go, I wanna show you everything." replied Hinoide.

"In a while sweetie, Himawari's got to have a word with your father." said Nezumi.

"Fine, we'll be waiting for you at home Hima." she said while dragging Hikaru with her.

"So?" She said shyly.

"Himawari, there will be hard times for you from now on. And people wil fear you for your powers. That's something we gotta work on but I need to make sure that you're ready for this." I explained while looking at her.

"I know everyone sees me as a monster. But that's something that I'll change no matter what it takes I promise, you know!" she replied while smiling.

*End of flashback*

I smiled, "You really did well Himawari" I said while stoping and looking at all the villagers. Himawari opened her eyes again and looked at all the people who were cheering and celebrating our return.

Her return.

"W-what's going on?" She asked confused.

"Everyone saw what you did for your brother and for the village down there.." I replied.

"T-they know?"

Suddenly lots of kids were running towards her and asking her questions about the battle.

"Wait wait! Stop it take it easy you know!" She said before turning around to see a boy just like her but with almost the same features as I had, walking slowly towards her seriously.

She stopped arguing to the kids as she saw him. "H-Hikaru-kun?"

"What the hell you were doing you idiot!" He said while suddenly getting closer making her flinch and close her eyes. But instead, he hugged her tightly. Everyone stood still, atonished.

"Hikaru-kun..." she muttered.

"Thank you cat face...thank you.." he said while still hugging her tightly. I smiled at the scene.

"Y-you wont....celebrate with them?" I heard Nezumi's voice, who was sitting on the ground with Sarada healing her.

I looked at them for a moment. "Nah, I'll let them be.."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because this is what Naruto wanted. To people see her daughter as a hero, as a shinobi and not as a monster..." I said while remembering her first missions in Suna, our training evenings, the pranks she did to Kankuro, the time she went to a council reunion with me, the days she helped me with Kazekage's duties. The weeks she helped at the hospital with Hinoide. The village's anual festivals we celebrated with her....

Everything.

People were still cheering with her. It reminded me of the time Naruto became the hero. But also it reminded me of all the things and dark times that were about to come.

"Himawari! Himawari!" they all cheered while carrying Hima through the village. My eyes started to tear up.

"...Naruto, Hinata-sama..." I started saying with proud.

"...A new hero has rised in front of us.."