Chapter 13

*A few days later*

We spend the whole week training. I must say that I've improved a lot with my skills, specially in close combat. Hinoide became an expert with her electricity ninjutsu while Hikaru concentrate himself in his sand jutsus. Also, Gaara sensei wanted us to improve our relationship as teammaytes so our training started since 6:00 am. until 2:00 pm. and then he left us to hangout around the village.

During the weekend I went with Boruto and my mother to the Hyuga compunds to spend time with my now grandfather. Oh yes, I also learned some hyuga clan techniques.

Anyway, today was our last day of training and it was almost 2:00 pm. We were tired but unlike the first days, we learned to not waste our chakra in such a small amount of time.

"That's enough, I won't make you waste your chakra. Tomorrow's your big day so you better rest." said Gaara sensei.

"That's it?" Hinoide complained. "What are we gonna do now?"

"You can have fun during the afternoon. However..." he looked at the twins, "I don't want you back at the hotel too late okay? "

"Hai!" The twins replied.

"The same goes to you Hima. You must rest so I don't want you having an unnecessary allnighter." he said with concern.

"Don't worry Gaara sensei, I'll rest. Believe it!" I replied.

He smirked. "Good, I'll see you later then."

Once he left our place, Hinoide looked at Hikaru and me. "So, wanna go eat and ice cream or something?"

"Again? Hinoide we must stay in condition before the exams." replied Hikaru.

"Well I don't know about you but I want to get some of Ichiraku's ramen, you know!" I said looking at him. "And after that I'll like some ice cream, what do you say Hinoide chan?"

"Really?? You too?? No wonder why you're so slow fighting.." Hikaru replied. How dare he say somehing like that after all the training we got?!?!?

"Really? Now I know why people say you act like an old man!"

"Listen here you cat face! I'm not an old man, I'm just an grown up boy!" he replied annoyed.

"Hey don't call me that you know!! I'm an grown up too because I'm the same age as you! Believe it you little fire head!"

"Really? That's the best you can call me ghost eyes?"

Hinoide sighed while we were fighting, "Here we go again..."

"I don't have ghost eyes you know!!" I replied.

"You do!"

"I don't!"

"You do!"

"I don't!"

"And what about you?! With that hair you look like a fire head!" I said to him. He looked insulted.

"Oh come on! My hair is the same color as Hinoide and as my father!"

"But the difference is that it fits them. Now you look ugly with that hair of yours you know."

"Humph!! Nonsense ghost eyes!" He replied irritated.

"Ugly!!"

"Ghost eyes!"

"Ugly!"

"Ghost eyes!"

"Fire head!"

"Cat face!"

"Fire head!"

"Cat face!"

"STOP IT!!!"

We both looked at Hinoide.

"You've been acting like idiots for the past hour! Now shut it or I'll punch each one of you!" She looked terrifying, Hikaru stood behind me until she calmed herself.

"Geez she really looks ugly when she gets angry you know. Did you see those eyes?" At that moment, Hinoide stopped walking away and turned around with a killing aura. Hikaru grabbed my hand and we started running before she could even say a word to us.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Finally, we've lost her." I said catching my breath. We were in the middle of the forest. "Does your sister gets that angry?"

"Hn."

"Again with that thing? I wonder why you act that way with me when we're alone you know.."

"Why you say that?" He replied, confused.

"Because it's true. We're always fighting you know..." There was an awkward silence between us. I didn't know why but I felt a strange connection with him.

"Hikaru...how was I before?"

"Before?" he said confused.

"Yeah, before you know.." He understood what I meant, and his face saddened a bit while staring at the sky. "You were different, and happy."

"Tell me." He looked at my eyes with pain.

"Well..."

*Flashback*

"Do it again Hikaru kun!" A small girl with short hair said with excitement.

"Okay just hold on a second." the red headed boy used his sand to create a small sunflower.

"That's awesome you know!!!" she said.

"Himawari it's not a big deal. Sometimes it gets scary.."

"What?? No it isn't! You're my best friend so you and your powers don't scare me at all!" She replied with a soft smile.

"Really?? You really mean that?"

"Yeah! Wanna be my best friend forever?" She asked with the brightest smile she could give. That moment he knew why people called her "Konoha's Sunflower."

"Yeah!"

*End of Flashback*

"So, how was I?" I asked getting a little impatient. It was getting late and we needed to rest.

"We should go back." He said while leaving. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"But-" Before I could say something he was gone.

He didn't answered my question and I needed to get back before everyone starts getting worried.

Great.