Chapter 39

"Mitsuki I must talk to you.." I heard her say. We were all getting in line to hear Hokage-sama's speech.

"What is it, Karin?" I asked. I always felt weird around her somehow and I don't know why.

"We must talk about Orochimaru.." I opened my eyes in shock.

"My father? What's wrong with him? Is he sick?" I asked.

"Kinda.. But you shouldn't call him like that, he doesn't deserve it." she said while I raised an eyebrow.

"Karin, why you're saying that all of the sudden?" I said confused.

"He's preparing you to be his new body."

"..."

"And also he's not..... your real father."

I lauhged at her. "Karin this isn't the time for this kind of prank.."

"IT IS NOT A PRANK YOU LITTLE KNUCKLE HEAD!!!" she yelled before sighing "Mitsuki, have you wondered who's your mother?"

I looked at her for a second. "I'm a scynthetic child. Orochimaru made me...right?" I was getting scared. I know she worked with dad for many years so maybe there's somethig going on..

"No. You see, I am your mother..." she said. "...and your real father is...Suigetsu..."

"What? Impossible, then how come I look a lot like..."

"He needed a new body back then and he wanted me to give you to him. Suigetsu and I refused..." she said while crying, "but he insisted and Orochimaru killed your father while fighting. Then, before you were born he experimented on us so he could replace Suigetsu's DNA with his..." she said. I was crying by that time.

She raised her head. "Mitsuki, I won't ask you to forgive me, because it's my fault you ended up living a lie. But no matter what you choose to do now remember that as a mother,  I will always love you.." she said while touching my face and giving me a warm smile "you know, you still have something of your real father."

With that she left to where the others were. I stood still processing everything she told me. Was it a lie? Was is the truth?

"Mitsuki-kun! I've been looking for you" Hinoide's voice brought me back to reality, "Come on! We're about to-" she looked at me concerned. "Mitsuki? What's wrong?"

I smiled at her, hiding my pain. "Nothing. Let's go"

----------------------------------------------------------

I looked at Mitsuki with worry, he was definetly hiding something. But we also were in a hurry because of the war, so we need to go to line and hear the Hokage's speech.

Wait, that isn't the Hokage. What is Himawari doing over there? Maybe she got confused right?

No, she had seen my father's speech at Suna so there's no way that she'll be lost or something. Unless...

"The Hokage will not giving his speech today...I will." she said, leaving everyone surprised.

Well, that's it. It's too early for this kind of weird attitudes. Look Kami, if the world's gonna end and we're all gonna die just say it okay? Then she went on speaking:

"I've heard everything you've said about me since I first arrived at Konoha. I was a different person back then. Fear and hatred was all I could give to everyone who tried to get close to me. And those who did, ended up adding themselves on my death list.

I'm not justifying myself for what I did on the Chūnning Exams, but I've learned my lesson. Now, I'm here standing with you fighting against an enemy who sees me as his target to achieve his goal. And if we let him win, he wont stop. He will go after every talented shinobi of every village to take their lives and torture them to death like he did with me and many others.

I want to stop his path because I'm a shinobi. We are all shinobis. We don't let people like Raiden sneak around our homes knowing the kind of monster he is because is our ninja way.

I may have been a criminal back then but now, I want to protect Konoha and all the villages the same way I did when Suna was attacked. And also I want to protect this entire world.

I am too young an inexperienced to do it by myself. So I ask you please, to all of you...lead me your strenght to win this fight!"

Everyone got inspired by her words and started cheering her on.

"I will need all your help to win this fight like we did with the last one. If we stick together we could do it. But if  after this you are still unable to forgive me for what I did in the past, you can comeback and face me when the war is over!"

The crowd went insane.

"She really handle it well" Shikamaru said impressed.

Naruto looked at the people and then at Himawari "That's my girl you know!"

"Hn. You trained her well Gaara" said Sasuke. "She's at kage level now.."

"Yeah." Gaara replied.

"Wow" Boruto said, "Who knew Hima could act so determined!"

"She has intelligence Boruto, something you don't have.." Sarada said.

"Got a point!" I said.

"You love me anyway.." he replied grinning.

"I hate you" she said while blushing.

I laughed at them before looking at Hima-chan. She really reached my dad and brother's kage level. who knew huh? She has become quite a great Shinobi.

Then Himawari made two steps and yelled.

"Those who are with me, follow me!!!"