Chapter 35

Pain. That was all I could feel all over my body. It was being tortured with the same methods they once used to made me a jinchūruki. But this time, instead of putting a tailed beast inside me, they were extracting it.

I felt my whole chakra being drained all of a sudden. I couldn't move my arms and legs due to the pain and the strange jutsu they were using on me. The only thing I could do for now, it was scream.

I flund myself in the same cave, surrounded by some Raiden's ninjas, experts in these kind of experiments. As a kid, I remember swearing over my name that I would never found myself in this situation again.

But I was wrong.

In front of me I could see that all my chakra was directed to a big statue. I supposed it was the Ten Tails cause it's eyes were opening slowly. It was a matter of time before it was done.

After some hours, I couldn't feel my body. The pain was soo much to deal with. I was desperate, nobody could hear my screams. I started crying.

The eyes of the Ten Tails are fully awake. This is it. My chakra's gone. I felt my whole body crashing on the floor as I lost consciousness.

Was this the end of it?

"Himawari"

I opened my eyes with difficulty to see my sorroundings being filled with a warm and comforting light.

"Himawari"

I stood up confused, looking for the source of that sweet caring voice that I haven't heard in a lifetime.

"Who are you? Show yourself you know!" I demanded a bit scared.

"You're definetly Naruto's daughter.." said the voice behind me. I turned around slowly.

"W-who are you?" I asked. It was a tall man, who looked like my mother in some aspects, specially the eyes though. He was looking at me with a calm gesture.

"It's okay, I won't blame you for not knowing me. I died long ago beflre you were born."

I didn't understand. I was supposed to know this person? Maybe it's part of my family? Maybe not? I know that many of my memories were erased when I was kidnapped...maybe he's one of them right?

"I'm Neji Hyuga, Himawari-sama. I'm your mother's cousin." Then it hit me. He was my uncle! The one I used to visit at his grave with my mom when I was a kid. I rushed to him and hug him tightly. I've been waiting many years to see him somehow. To talk to him.

"Uncle Neji...." It was all I could say between tears. He hugged me back.

"I know, I know... You've had a long, cruel life Himawari-sama." he said.

"They took away the Phoenix. Does this mean that....that I'm dead?!" I said.

"Not exactly. You inherited your father's Nine tails chakra too. It's not fully awakened but it's the one keeping you alive for now." he explained.

"I see, but what now? They revived the Ten tails and they're gonna used it for the war and..."

"Hima. Not everything's lost. You have Uzumaki and Hyuga blood in your veins. You have the strenght to outclass everyone, including your father to defeat Raiden and end this war. You have the power for it Hima and I believe you can do this." he said with a warm smile.

"Uncle Neji..." I said surprised by his words.

"Go, there's isn't much time before Satoshi wakes you up." he said while starting to vanish. "They're rescuing from there."

"Wait! Uncle Neji! I wanted to ask you something." I said in a rush. "Why did you sacrificed yourself to protect mom and dad?"

He stood still for a while, surprised for what I said. Then, he smiled.

"Because, I was free enough to do it and also because your father called me a genius." he said.I started crying while watchig him leave.

"Uncle Neji" I said while everythig suddenly turned dark. I only managed to hear my uncle's voice one last time before waking up in the real world:

"Don't worry Hima. No matter what happens, I'll always protect you and your family..."