Chapter 44

I went to my office and stared at the desk. It was incredibly empty.

"Damn you're good at this Temari." I said in shock.

"I bet she'll be a better Kage than both of us together" said Gaara while entering with Sasuke.

"I hate to say this but for ince I agree with you" added Sasuke.

I sighed. "What a war right? I thought that we'll never go through this again you know.."

"Not many things happen the way we want to, dobe" Sasuke said.

"Damn it teme! You're still with that?"

"Hn."

"Damn you"

"Some things never change..." said Gaara. "Naruto, Himawari's behavior will be known everywhere"

"Yeah, we're getting old guys." I replied. "Who would've thought that our little kids will be a Kage level now?"

"They're shinobis Naruto. It was gonna happen either way" Sasuke said.

"A new era for shinobi's will begin" said Gaara. "At least, I'm grateful to know that I'll live up to the change."

"Hn." Sasuke said "Many things will change now."

"You should stay home Sasuke" I said "Sakura and the kids will need you now more than ever. And I don't think villains will be doing weirdly things now."

He smirked "Hn."

"And you should head back to see Nezumi-sama as soon as Hinoide wakes up you know! Now that you're gonna be a father again"

Gaara smiled sadly. "I will, once Hinoide wakes up. I know she will"

"Believed it man" I said while giving him a warm smile.

"She has you and your mother's blood. She'll be fine" Sasuke added.

"Hn." Gaara said.

I smiled. Yeah, many of us suffered damages during and after the war. But it was for a good cause. The kids had grown up, they're strong now, have the will of fire, a shinobi's soul, a good will...yeah.

Things were definetly going to change.