Chapter 12

"Finally you're awake!" I heard Hinoide's voice. My head hurted a lot and I didn't exactly remember what happened.

"Hinoide..Wha-arrgh!!" I said before I had a headache. I struggled and waited a bit util it cotrolled itself. I knew, it wasn't just a headache....it was something else.

"You're feeling better? I'll go get your mother.."

"Mo-Mother??" I said while she left. I looked the  stuffed animals that surrounded the bed in which I was lying. Coloured pandas, tigers, cats, a mini 9 tailed fox... I keep looking at the different drawings pasted on the wall, one of them showed like a family portrait, 2 blonde boys and 2 dark haired girls. Another one showed a blond boy like the seventh, with a red girl and another blonde guy watching over him.

"Do you recognize it Hima?" Her voice caught me off guard. "This is your room, your toys, your drawings..." said the darks haired woman with white eyes who was....my mother.

"Yeah, I just...It's been a while...mother." I felt a warm sensation when I called her that way. I felt like I was safe, like I was...home.

--------------------------------------------------------

"I still can't believe you didn't go to her house with us, Hikaru." She said while eating my food.

"I didn't wanna bother, and besides you didn't needed me that much." he replied annoyed.

"Maybe she was the one who needed you. You never know, Hikaru. You have to give yourself another chance." And once again, he ignored her and continued eating his food. Just like me when I was younger.

Late at night, I found myself doing some paperwork in my room. I no longer had Shukaku in my body, so I slowly got used to the sleeping habit. But of course, there were times in which I just had to stay awake.

"Tell me, did she changed that much?" My wife said while jumping into the bed trying to read the Hokage's report about the team's first training.

"You didn't got a nice view from the tree during the training?" I smirked, knowing that she was he whole time watching.

"I did got it, but I'm not the teacher Gaara.." She smiled, "Tell me." she insisted. Nezumi's voice was like a therapy to me and she knew exactly when I needed her words.

"She's a box full of surprises. Her knowledge in close combat good although she was holding herself back for some reason." I said.

"And you're trying to know why."

"Yes. She doesn't remember us that much but she knows something connects her to the village." I sighed, tired.

"You know, she reminds me of you when you were gennin. She knows who is she but doesn't understand why they made her like that... She needs time to get used to us before the first Chūnin Exam."

I looked at her with concern. "The first task is in one week from now. How do I get her used to this place after 7 years of torture?"

"You have our kids as her teammates." She was right. Hikaru always felt some kind of attraction towards Himawari but he's too stubborn to admit it. And Hinoide's friendly so it won't be a problem with her. "Hikaru suffered a lot while she was gone, maybe if we get them together.."

"Nezumi since when did you became Hikaru's Matchmaker?"

"I'm her mother Gaara, I see and know things." She said while giving me the 'Don't tell me you didn't know look'. I sighed in defeat.

"This will be a long week for me..."

"You welcome, Gaara-kun" she replied giving me a kiss before going to sleep. After half an hour I went to the bed beside her, thinking and summarizing everything we talked before in 4 simple words...

"Naruto will kill me."