Chapter 14

"I'm home!" I said as I entered the house.

"Welcome home Hima. How was your day?" she replied from the kitchen.

"It was fine. We had our last training as a team." I replied while watching her finish making the dinner. "Umm...can I ask you something?"

She noticed the tone of my voice and looked at me with concern. "Yes Hima, what is it?"

"I was wondering...how I was 7 years ago. Hikaru said that I was different and happy but he didn't care to explain you know.."

She gave me a soft smile before going upstairs and returning with a big book. "Come sit with me Hima."

I sat right beside her on the couch watching the book she had on her hands. It took me less than a minute to realize that it was an album.

There were a lot of photos of me with them, having fun at different activities. "That's you and your brother having a snowball fight with your father." She said while pointing at one photo were me and Boruto were throwing snowballs to our father. "Now this one is when you had your first training with your grandfather at the Hyuga Compound. You loved to spend time with your grandfather more than Boruto."

"Why? Because of my Byakugan?"

"Yes. You see, when your father became Hokage you and Boruto had a fight because you wante to bring your stuffed panda and he wouldn't let you. Then by an accident he broke the toy and you activated your byakugan for the first time." She said smiling at the memory.

"What happened next?" I said interested.

"Your father tried to stop you but you gave him a gentle fist that knocked him out for almost a whole day." I was amazed. I couldn't believe that when I was younger I knocked my father, the Seventh with a single gentle fist.

I stared at the album and saw all the pictures. From Boruto's birthday to my first day at the academy, our first Konoha's festival, Sarada's birthday,
me playing chouji with Shikadai and Shikamaru...

"Now this one is unique. Uncle Sasuke teaching you and Sarada to throw kunais and shurikens.." said my mother.

"Why would he teach me that?" I replied confused. I didn't picture Sasuke teaching me as I saw it on the picture.

"He said that Naruto was awful teaching you so he decided to teach you instead."

"Okay..." I said passing the page. At the new one we were on a different place. There was sand everywhere but suddenly the album ended there... "There's just only 6 pictures here.." I said while looking at them. One of it showed Hikaru, Hinoide, Boruto and I playing around, the other showed my parents with Gaara sensei and his wife. The third one was a group picture while the other two pictures were from visiting and going to different activities at Suna.

The last one was a picture of me and Hikaru joining hands. I was grabbing a sunflower made of sand in my hand while Hikaru was blushing and trying to hide from the camera.

"You were best friends back then." she saddened a bit. "But I'm glad you're now together as a team, you can catch up at everything and have a new beginning." she said while I stared at the picture.

"I'M HOMEEEE!!!!" said my father while entering the house, followed by my brother.

"Welcome home Naruto-kun!" Mother said as I grabbed the picture and hide it from them.

"Hello dad. Hi Boruto." I greeted them, trying to contain my tears. I couldn't do the mission, I couldn't kill my entire village, my friends, my family, my home. They gave me everything I have and then also welcomed me back when I came here. I can't betray them.

But what about Takashi? He's also been my friend and he's part of the mission. I can't let him face the consequences alone for not completing the task.

Also the beast's getting strangely uneasy these days, I must control it as Gaara sensei's told me during the training. I'm scared that something bad might happen to my family.

What do I do?