Chapter 16

The group of ninjas separated the teams and made everyone take different seats. This test is too troublesome but it brings me many memories.

"Here's the rules of the first task. Each one of you will have to answer 3 questions of the test. You have 2 minutes to answer. Cheating isn't allowed during the task, if I or one of the other ninjas sees you cheating...you and your whole team will be disqualified and will have to wait for next year's Chūnin Exams. Understood?"

"Hai!" everyone replied.

"Begin!!"

---------------------------------------------------------

NOTE:
*: Character's thoughts

Himawari's POV:

*Okay, it's just a simple test. Let's see..*

Question #1:

You and your team are surrounded by a group of Anbus with incredible abilities. You sense that they started throwing a bunch of kunais against your team. One member of your team is badly injured and you have to take him to the hospital and you and your other teammate are running out of chakra.

Also you have to complete the mission and give the ancient scroll to the feudal lord of the village without letting them discover from which village you come from. Describe the importance of returnig the ancient scroll without showing the village you come from.

*WHAT THE HECK?!?!? IT'S THIS EVEN A QUESTION?? Okay Hima relax...Maybe you can skip this one and answer the second one..*

Question #2:

In the Fourth Shinobi World War, the Ten Tails used his power to capture all the tailed beasts at once. Explain how the tailed beast managed to mantain their chakra and used it to escape while mentioning the importance of love and understanding to....

*Skip, I didn't even existed when that happened so how would I know?!?!?*

Question #3:

If you and your team were ambushed and you had to leave one of your teammates to complete he mission, who would you leave and why?

*That's it. I'm out. Who the heck can answer these kind of questions?! And I only have 2 mintes to answer!!!*

*But, if I don't answer, maybe everyone in the village will be safe. I came here to kill everyone in the final rounds so if I fail...*

*But, Hikaru and Hinoide trust me enought to answer this test. They want to became Chūnin because they're ninjas...former ninjas. Mom, dad and Gaara sensei trusts me so what do I do?*

Hinoide's POV:

*This test. Aunt Temari and uncle Kankuro told me they took a test like this. This 3 questions are impossible to make unlees you're a genious so..*

"#34, #56 and #23 are disqualified" Shikamaru said.

*So, they're expecting us to...cheat?*

Takashi's POV:

*That was close. I don't have Sharingan or Byakugan but my Mirror justsu will help me to pass this task!* I looked up to the mirror I created so I could see the answers of the one who's in front of me.

*I hope Himawari's doing fine...*

Daichi and Satoshi's POV:

*I just hope my brother Daichi uses his Sharingan correctly* I throw him a mini kunai with a note to his table telling him what to do.

*Thanks Satoshi nii-san*

Hikaru's POV:

*Maybe if I use the third eye technique...*

"#43, 55, 7, 11, 19, 20, 40, 60, 22 are disqualified".

*Damn! There's only one minute left...Hima you can do this. I know you don't remember what they thaught you at the academy but I trust you..*

"Okay, stop writing! This minute will be dedicated for your final question." Uncle Shikamaru said.

"Another one?!?!" Daichi asked.

"Yes, so listen well.. For this question you must have the same answer as your teammate or else you will fail." Great, this couldn't get any worse right?

"How are we supposed to know what the other answers??" Takashi said "That's impossible.."

"It's an easy task but if you are sure that you will fail the question I'm giving you the opportunity to give up. Now if you raise your hand, you and your entire team will fail the task and have the chance to return next year. But...."

Everyone stared at him.

"If you stay, answer the question and fail... you will never have the chance to become Chūnin ever again." Shikamaru finished, bored.

"Hey that's unfair!!" One girl said

"Shinobi's life is unfair. Anyway, I'm giving you the chance to give up if you want." he replied

*Come on Hima.. don't worry about us..*

*Gah! I don't know what to do. If she gives up Hinoide and I will lose the task but if she gets wrong the answer*

After a while, 5 more teams gave up and failed the task. There were only 10 teams on the room.

*Hinoide doesn't seem to give up. Typical of her...But what about Hima??*

"Why are you giving me the chance to give up when a real shinobi never goes back on his word?" Hima started speaking, caughting me by surprise. "You never go back on his word because it is your ninja way right? Then guess what, I prefer taking the risk not knowing if I will lose the task than giving up and never know the real answer you know!"

Everyone stayed silent. Her words erased every doubt I had about her. Maybe she didn't finished the academy, maybe she'd lost her memories and maybe her personality changed a lot during those 7 years. But at that moment I was sure that the one who spoke wasn't the Himawari I knew from a couple of weeks....

It was the Himawari I grew up with.

A couple of minutes passed, "Well, since nobody else will give up I'll say..." Shikamaru started saying.

"You passed the exam!"