Chapter 40

"Dammit when this thing will die you know!?!?" asked Boruto while trying not to fall out of chakra. We were fighting Raiden and the Ten Tails for 2 days non stop.

Father was on his 9 tails mode and he covered us in his chakra in case he needed to teletranport us somewhere safe. Apparently, dad and his long life friends knew the beast movements but they didn't count that this time the Ten tails will be stronger than before.

"Quit complaining and let me think Boruto!" replied Shikadai while trying to make a defense strategy. The beast was preparing to attack once more.

"Dad! We must use the earth style justsu to make a barrier!" Shikadai said. Shikamaru smirked.

"Heh! Just like old times. Ino!" he replied.

"I'm on it! Inojin help me out!" she said while his son Inojin nodded and made the same technique. In a matter of seconds the Ten tails sent us a big blast of chakra, we did the earth style barrier.

"Naruto!! Be ready!" Shikamaru said in case dad has to teletransport us.

I wanted to do something. Satoshi was curing me from all the injuries I've received earlier so I was recovering all my chakra. I knew dad was about to get out of chakra but he's too stubborn to admit it. This wasn't only his battle, it's mine too.

I had the Tenseigan activated. I could create a shield around my body if I needed to but it wasn't enough to protect the rest.

"Use me, kid.."

"What?" I asked as I heard the dark voice from inside me. It was some of Kurama's chakra that I inherited when I was born.

"Combine your powers and protect those brats" he said.

"I've never done that. What if I go on a rampage again?"

"You wont, you no longer have that stupid bird inside you." he's got a point. I no longer had the Phoenix so probably I won't go on a rampage against my friends.

"Believe me kid. Everything will be fine.." he said. I sighed while getting up. Satoshi looked at me in confusion.

"Hima?" he said.

"I'll be fine. Go and make another barrier you know." I said while smiling at him.

I sighed while saying more to myself. "You better be right about this Kurama.."

The Ten tails sent the blast. It was huge and it was coming toward us. I heard Raiden yelling that we'll never make it. Well, I must say that I was afraid though, but I had to stay strong for my family and my people. I caused this, so I must finish it.

The blast hit almost all the barriers. I heard Shikamaru and the other struggling to mantain the barriers. It was coming, so I stepped in front of everyone.

"Hima! What are you doing?!?!" I heard Hikari yell. He knew I was up to something and tried with his sand to get me away from there but my Tenseigan barrier blocked it.

Soon the last barrier broke and everyone got ready to receive the hit. Dad was about to teletransport us but then everyone stood still while looking at me.

I mixed the nine tails with the Tenseigans chakra. I was covered in white and yellow/orange chakra and made it to create a barrier that covered our entire troops.

The blast crashed with my barrier causing and entire wave of power. I was struggling to mantain the barrier once I felt it crack a little. But I had to hold it until it was gone. Soon the blast stared to cease until it disappeared.

"Is everyone okay?" I yelled at everyone. They stared at me.

"Hima.." Dad said "How did you-"

"Impressive" Raiden said, he was on top of the beast and some of his troops were behing it. "Finally I can see your true power my little sunflower. But you must know that soon it'll be useless. You and everyone you care for will be dragged into the Ten Tails to a slow, painful death."

"We'll see about that bastard!" I said.

"Stubborn girl. Soon I'll become a new body and get enough power to destroy all of you if you don't join my side. Come on sweetheart, many of my mens are missing you..."

I groaned in rage. I was about to yell at him before dad stepped in.

"You wont taking her or anybody with you...Not while I'm standing here.." He said.

"Why don't you get it now?" Sasuke said. Everyone looked at him confused.

"Sasuke?" Naruto said.

"Your power, you said you will get enough of it to destroy us all. Why don't you get it now to see what you really got?" he replied. Dad stared at him for a while before nodding and standing in a battle position.

"What is he doing?" Ino asked.

"I don't know, but I'm sure he's up to something" Shikamaru replied.

"But why would he made him get enough power now to kill us all?" Kiba asked.

"Because only one man can become a new body to obtain new power." Karin said.

"What?! You mean..." Shikamaru said while lookig at Raiden. Mitsuki heared the whole conversation and stared at the enemy.

'Is it really true?' He thought. Then he felt a hand on his right shoulder. It was Hinoide who looked at him with concern. There were no words needed for her to know what he was thinking.

"It's your choice Mitsuki-kun" she said.

Meanwhile Raiden laughed at Sasuke. "You haven't changed at all Uchiha. You still have the skills to know who's up to something huh?"

Then his body started to arche. He screamed in pain while pulling out all of his hair and his body suddenly melted. His chest broke in two, his clothers went off and then, another body emerged from it. It was a white guy with long dark hair. His face features looked more like a woman's one but his eyes were peculiar. They were the same at Mitsuki's.

Suddenly everyone knew who this person was.

"Ahh, it feels good to be in an entire new body." he said while licking his lips and smiling weirdly at me.

Everyone gasped.

"It's that..." Ino said.

"No way.." Kiba said.

"Impossible.." Shikamaru.

"It was..." Hinata started saying.

"It was him all...along?!" Sakura said.

"It can't be.." Mitsuki started saying.

"Mitsuki-kun...isn't he.." Hinoide asked.

"This must be some kind of joke isn't it?" Mitsuki said while laughing nervously. "I mean it's not possible. He can't be the one behind all this mess. Behind Hima's..." he trailed off. Hinoide looked at him in sadness. She knew he was trying to understand the situation. But she also knew that it was hurting him on the inside, because after all he's like a father to him.

Dad stared in disgust at him. "Orochimaru...Dammit bastard I should've killed you a long time ago!! How could you be like this after all we went through you know?!?!"

He smiled, "This must not surprise you Naruto and you know it. Now if you please, bring the little girl with me and join my side just like Sasuke did a long time ago."

"Like if I'll ever do that. I'd rather die than giving my family and friends to you!" he yelled.

"Hmph." he said wih no surprise, "Sasuke?" He said while turning to him.

"I have found redemption in my new family a long time ago.." he said.

"Very well, I guess I should do this my on way.." he yelled while preparing his troops and the Ten tails to attack.