Chapter 18

"Sir, they passed the first task."

"Good, the plan's working" A man with a long black coat replied. "Prepare the squads for the final exam." he added to the guard.

"Hai!"

"You know that she's not gonna kill them, right?" I said while drinking my cup of tea. "She's bonding with her family and friends..."

"That's what I want. She's my experiment, my ultimate weapon. I want to test her powers in a risky place."

"That reminds me of my old days when I wanted to destroy the village" I smiled. "I suppose you want to start a new great ninja war."

"It's too soon to say that, but it's been considered. Nothing important had happened yet." he replied.

I looked at him, "I wont intervein in your plans, but I'll give you one request." I said while leaving the room.

"And what is that, Orochimaru?" he asked.

"Don't touch my son". He watched me leave the room and smiled.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to the second task of the Chunin Exams! Now, I will say the intrucrions once so listen well." said Shikamaru's wife, Temari. "Each one of you will get two red flags from two teams without losing yours. You can use any jutsu you have to defend your flag. If another team grabs your flag, you lose. You have 3 hours to complete the mission and remember.... If at the end your team doesn't have 3 flags, your disqualified. Now begin!" As soon as she finished the teams got lost into the forest.

"Why three hours? That's insane you know.." I said to Temari while walking to the camera room with Sarada amd Mitsuki to watch the action.

"To add some excitement" she smiled as if that were the most obvious thing in the world. "You guys stay here and watch them carefully. Usually in this round strange things happens between the teams."

"Hai!"

*Sometime later*

"This is boring!!! Seriously there's only 15 minutes left and I haven't watched anything cool!" I said frustrated.

"You're just nervous cause Himawari's team has only two flags." Sarada replied. "Meanwhile, my brothers completed the task an hour ago."

"Shut up!"

"Admit it Boruto, your team is slow". she said.

"Hmph!!"

"WOW did you see that?!" Mitsuki said out of nowhere.

"What?"

"What is it?" Sarada said.

"Himawari used Kaiten and it was huge! It looked like one of the seventh's giant rasengan. Look!" The task was already finished so he showed us the videotape.

"That's....impressive!" Sarada said.

"Wow" I was shocked, it was so BIG!

"See?? She made it with her own chakra. She's strong as hell!" Mitsuki added.

"Looks like you got a rival at your own house" Sarada replied smiling. "I'll go and see my brothers".

While Mitsuki and Sarada kept doing their things, I couldn't believe the fact that Himawari had became this strong. I knew she had more chakra control but not at this level. No, that's impossible she can't be stronger than me. I'm her older brother, the srtongest and experienced one. I will beat her.

-------------------------------------------------------

I got into my bed, tired because of the second task. I had dinner at Ichiraku's with my brother but he seemed more serious this time. As if something worried him.

I heard a knock in my door. It was 8:00 pm so maybe it was mom or dad.

"How's my little sunflower you know!" Dad said while giving me a big smile. "Ready for tomorrow?"

"Yeah" I replied nervous.

"Something wrong Hima? You can tell me, we used to have this kind of chats when you were..." he trailed off, saddening his face for a moment. "Anyway, that doesn't matter. Now tell me."

I giggled a bit. "Umm...well, how do...how do you deal with kurama's power?"

That caught him out of guard "Well, that's a long story...We used to hate eachothers but now we're best friends!"

"Don't say that you little brat! We're not friends!" Said a lousy, annoyed nine taled fox

"Just admit it for once in your life damn it!"

"What?" I said confused.

"Oh, sorry it wasn't for you" he smiled annoyed. Maybe it was from the mental conversation he was having with Kurama. "Anyway why you ask that?"

"It's that...I don't wanna hurt anyone tomorrow you know..." I started, "Sometimes I used to had a weird, burning desire for killing but it wasn't that strong until now...."

Then I felt his arms wrap me in a warm hug. We stood like that for a while.

"Am I a monster?"

"Himawari, listen." He looked at me straight in the eyes, "You are a strong, beautiful, nice shinobi. Everyone loves you for who you are, including your strenght.. You're not a monster.." he smiled, "I used to had all those feelings when I was young, but I trained hard enough to do my best to change the way they saw me and achieve my dreams of becoming Hokage. They thought I was a monster, and looked at me... I, Naruto Uzumaki never gave up on my word because is my ninja way." he hugged me again, "The Uzumakis never give up Himawari. Never forget that..."

"...because is our ninja way" I replied, lost in his warm, safe arms.

"That's my girl." he smiled.