Chapter 34

I woke up feeling extremely tired. My stomach hurted a lot but I didn't care. We were at war and I must not be this useless. So I tried to get up and sit on the bed. As I moved the pain kept increasing and suddenly a big hand stopped me and pushed me back on the bed.

"You're finally awake"

I looked at my dad in surprise while he gave me a warm smile.

"Papa..." I said trying to understand everything. "What happened?"

"You almost died during battle." he said while clenching his teeth. "Boruto and Mitsuki carried you here, and Satoshi was the one who saved you.."

"Satoshi?" I asked. I kneww he learned some medial jutsus from mom, but now that I look at the bandages around my stomach he must've had a hard time healing me.

"He used the 100 Healing Mark..." dad added before I spoke. "Stay on the bed and rest, we don't have any battle to go for now. Your mother will be here soon" He finished while poking my forehead with two if his fingers.

"Okay papa..." I said.

"Take care.." he said while leaving.

----------------------------------------------------------

As I left relieved once I saw Sarada awake. This wasn't the first time she or any of the kids got injured while fighting but now it was different. It's a war we're talking about where there's more possibilities of having fatalities during battle.

Yes, I know Sakura and I are not the only ones who are worried about their children. Everyone's as worried as us but we also know it's part of being a shinobi.

As I walked, I suddenly saw a redheaded girl walking desesperately towards me.

"Sasuke!!!!" It was Karin. Damn she's still annoying as ever. But now that I think, she doesn't live in Konoha so why is she here?

"Sasuke! I hear Sarada's injured where's she?" she said as frantic as ever. But apart from what I think of her, she's the one who helped deliver Sarada when Sakura was on labor.

"She's fine. She needs some rest" I said with my stoic voice. "Why are you here?"

"Duh, to heal her Sasuke." she said "Why you ask that so sudden?"

"Orochimaru sent you?" I said , ignoring her question.

"Wha-well..."

"Well?" I insisted.

"I came on my own." she said while sighing. "He's doing some business lately with a masked man since the war exploded..."

Masked man? Raiden? Since when Orochimaru knew about this?

"....Also, I need to keep an eye on someone else.." she said. Someone else? As far as I know, she doesn't have anyone related to her..

"Who is it?" I asked curious.

"Mitsuki. I need to know if he's okay..."  she said with a warm smile. But why would she care about that boy? He's Orochimaru's son.

Then realization hit me. Was she? For real? Orochimaru and... I mean he and she?! Did they...?!?!

I turned around trying to process everything. Maybe I was wrong, but there's no other way to explain why Karin's so worried about Mitsuki's state.

"Sasuke..." Her words got me out of thoughts, but I didn't turned around. "Look, there's a lot to explain. But yes, what you're thinking is true..."

So, IT IS TRUE.

I stood froze trying to understand everything. The mere thought of it seemed disgusting.