Chapter 38

"Good! At this rate you'll be ready before the next battle" I said while looking at my baby Sarada.

"Thanks mama. I should be going then." she said while leaving. I waved at her before continuing with my duties. Ino entered the room.

"Huh, this isn't good Sakura. We're running out of medical supplies." she said.

"We'll ask the village hospital for more."

"That's the problem. We're running out of supplies here and there.." she replied.

"What?!" I said. "That's impossible I mean, we recieve a lot of injured ninjas but I don't think they're that many..." Ino stared at me after I finished the comment.

"Really? I don't wanna be rude but...I think this war isn't going anywhere"

"INO!! You shouldn't say that. Naruto has a very good reason for this and we already know it." I said annoyed.

"Sakura, people aren't happy about this. We're losing many lives thanks to this war. You lost Takashi and almost lost your daughter. Who's next? Think about it." she said while sighing, "Besides if we keep up at this rate, nos that the Ten Tail's alive, we won't be able to win the war..."

I sighed. She was right. Takashi died the day the Ten Tails got revived and now Himawari's no longer a jinchūriki. This means that she could not be as strong as she were some years ago.

Also Ino had a point. The Uchiha Haruno family already lost a member. With this war, Sasuke's wish of reconstructing the Uchiha clan are now lower than before. And Sarada, Daichi or Satoshi die....

I shocked my head. None of that will happen. I must trust Naruto enough to say that there'll be no more fatalities.

At that moment a former ninja entered and gave us a letter from the five kage's reunion. The next battle against Raiden had been rearranged for tomorrow. I gasped.

"Sakura? What is it?" Ino asked.

"The battle...it's tomorrow." I simply said while leaving and handing her the paper.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Dad I must go you know!" she said.

"Hima no! They caught you once and looked what happened." I said trying to knock some sense into her.

"Dad I beg you. You have to let me go. I don't have the Phoenix I know but I'm more than that. Let me prove it." she replied.

"You can't. If something happens to you I'll go crazy."

"Aaargh!! So you prefer risking Boruto's life rather than mine?! He's also your son you know. I was once a weak girl but I've changed for good." She relplied while I stared at her. Somehow, I saw something different in her. It was like her soul had more brightness and determination.

"Father, I may not know much about Konoha, but I've learned a lot from Suna and I'm sure that one thing they have in common is that you don't give up that easily because is their ninja way. Konoha has the will of fire and Suna the will of wind..." she sighed, "...I've learned from both of them and I'm not gonna let those lessons be forgotten just like that. I'm going to war you know."

I stared at her while she spoke to me. She sure learned many things from Suna and Konoha. I smiled at her, proud of the kind of daughter I have. Also at the same time I shpuld be gratefull Gaara took his time to teach her all of that. Himawari surely is a true shinobi.

"Fine. Let's go Himawari." I said to her. "I have to make a speech before going to war."

"Can I do it?" she said. "All this started with me. At least I wanna give a word to all the ninjas that are fighting."

"Are you sure? The're lots of them.."

"I know" she said.

"Naruto, It's time." Shikamaru said.

"Change of plans Shikamaru. I'm not gonna talk" I said. Shikamaru panicked.

"What?! Naruto you're the Hokage and we're going to battle after this." he said.

"I know, It's just that Himawari will be the one speaking. Not me.." Shikamaru got shocked for a while before sighing.

"Well, if it's that important to her then fine.." he said while sighing, "...troublesome."

I grinned before looking at my little Hima.

"Time to go, Sunflower..."