Chapter 2: The News

PROOF EDITED***

Chapter 2: The News

As I got to the mall, I found a parking spot under the shade and got out and locked the car. I found my way around to Aéropostale and spotted Jesse standing there. I casually walked over to him, and hugged him, despite him being oblivious I was coming up to him. "Oh hey Lex haha, didn't um, see you there" he nervously laughed, scratching the back of his neck. Jesse tends to do that a lot, it's rather cute. "Now we're just waiting on Alana" I playfully roll my eyes. "I'm here! I'm here!" Alana half shouts, carrying her phone and Mimco pouch in hands, travelling as fast as she can. 

We both hug Alana, then browse all the stores. Hollister, Aéropostale, Tilly's, Pac Sun, Victoria's Secret, H & M, you name it. During lunch break, my phone began to vibrate in my pocket so I excused myself and walked over to a quiet spot to talk on the phone. 

"Hello?" I question, asking the person on the other end since I didn't bother to look at the caller ID. "Alexa, when you get home we have something important to tell you..." Mum said, her tone of voice was dead serious, but also nervous? "Of course, I'll be home at 2." I smile, even though I know she can't see it. I just don't know what to expect, and I certainly don't want my Mum to know I was beyond scared to know what the "news" is. 

Inadvertently, I walk back to the table that Alana and Jesse were, sharing stuff on their phones and causing a laughter. Gosh, they need to get together, I highly ship Jlana. "What was that about?" Alana giggles, shifting her head to the side as of confusion. "My Mum wants me home soon" I shrug and finish my McDonald's as quickly as I can, to fit more shopping time in. 

Time flew past, and it was 1:30. "Guys I gotta head home, I'll see you all soon" I smile brightly, hug them individually and head the way I came in. 

—Home

I couldn't even pull into the driveway because there was an unknown car in the spot I usually park in. Oh well, I reverse and park in the street. 

Once inside, I walk straight into the kitchen. My family and a lady and a boy who I must say, was pretty cute was sitting at the table. As I got closer, everyone looked at me and stared. "Honey, take a seat" my Mum softly spoke smiling, patting the spot next to her. In confusion, I sat down and everyone's eyes were stuck to me like glue. "This is Christine and her son who's your age, Hunter" she said pointing at them. "Hi" I shyly say, sinking in my seat. 

Christine motioned her head at my Mum towards me, as if they have something to say. "Darling, we're not getting enough money made, so we have arranged marriage for you." Mum says, and I look at her, seriously ticked off by this. "You'll be marrying... Hunter" she smiles, and I look over at Hunter who's also not liking this situation. Immediately, I was furious. I angrily got out of my chair, and ran up to my room. 

I cried, and cried into my newly drenched pillow. There was a gentle knock on the door, so I wipe under my eyes incase mascara stains and got the door. I opened it a crack, and it was Hunter. "Hey uhm, your Mum asked me to check up on you" he shyly said, looking down at his feet. He was about leave, "wait" I softly said looking Hunter. "Stay with me" I ask and he smiles and come back. I let him in my room and we both sit on my bed, cross legged. 

"W-What's up?" he stutters, and I find that cute. "I wanna get to know you now since we're you know.." I shrug, fiddling with my fingers. "What do you wanna know?" he laughs, I look up to see a pair of elegant pair of lush green eyes looking at me. I couldn't help but blush slightly, "what's your full name?" I shrug. "Hunter Bryce Rowland, what about you?" he asks. "I would've thought my Mum told you but it's Alexa Rose Barton" I reply, he nods. "Pretty name for a pretty girl" he complimented. I smiled brightly, and looked away. "Don't look away cutie" he says, using two fingers on my chin to pull my face back.