Chapter 24: Holding On

Song for chapter: Scared To Be Lonely - Martin Garrix ft. Dua Lipa

"Pull through" was all I heard before it became a blur. 
Day 26 of coma. 
Hunter's kept his promise, and hasn't left or ditched me because he needed some "release" or something and went after another girl. Which I'm eternally grateful for, someone like him.

I just want to wake up, as if it were all a terrible nightmare, and I'd wake up and face palm with realisation that it was all just an imagination and none of it was real. 

Suddenly I could hear again, and Hunter was softly singing.

"...Why we keep coming back for more
Is it just our bodies? Are we both losing our minds?
Is the only reason you're holding me tonight
'Cause we're scared to be lonely?
Do we need somebody just to feel like we're alright?
Is the only reason you're holding me tonight
'Cause we're scared to be lonely?
Too much time, losing track of us
Where was the real?
Undefined, spiraling out of touch
Forgot how it feel."

His voice soothed me, making me feel at ease, and much calmer about my desperate attempts to break free from this stupid, annoying and heartbreaking coma. It's only hurting Hunter, and it's getting annoying that whenever I try and reach for his hand I fall right through as if I were a ghost. 

Surely, Hunter's gonna give up soon. He hasn't seen a glimpse of the world outside the hospital room for 26 days. the doctors will probably start giving their hopes up on me waking up soon too, pulling me off life support. 

Hunter's POV;

I sang to her my favourite song at the moment, even though I'm not confident with how well I can project my voice. 

I miss being able to have her in my arms, kissing her cheek non stop, tickling her, making her smile, hearing her cute laugh, her outgoing personality, everything.