Chapter 29: Police

I drove home, and just cried and cried. I wore one of his hoodies that still smelt like him, and a pair of his sweatpants then laid on the bed and cried some more. 

-

@alexabarton: still wearing that jumper that smells like you 😪 

-

@brandonrowland: i love you a lot bro, and it's really depressing to see that you couldn't handle life anymore

@brandonrowland: i love you a lot bro, and it's really depressing to see that you couldn't handle life anymore. i know we haven't seen each other for a couple months and i should have come over. fly high big brother 😭

-

@alexabarton: :(: don't worry about me, i'll be fine eventually

@alexabarton: :(: don't worry about me, i'll be fine eventually. it will take months, even years to recover. recover does not mean forgotten, it means the open wound has closed but i'll never heal from it. my heart's broken but that's okay, i just miss him a lot. i need to take a break from social media for a while to sort out my head, and mourn. i love you all, and #flyhighhunter bby 

❝ Missing you comes in waves,

and tonight I'm drowning. ❞

I fell asleep depressed, heart broken, crying. 

I woke up to my phone ringing, and I didn't bother to look at the caller before answering. 

"Hello?" 
"My name is deputy Tyler Jones, and I work for the Phoenix Police Force."

"Yes, what do you need sir?"
"Alexa, will you be able to come down to the local station for an interview in relations to the Hunter Rowland case?"
"U-U-Uhm... Yes, when?"
"In between now, and midday will be great. Thank you for co-operating with us Alexa"

I put on my Nike slides on top of my high black Nike socks, threw my hair in a messy bun and grabbed my phone and car/house keys. I got in my car, and drove to the local station. 

"Alexa Barton" I spoke to the lady at the front desk, and an officer walked out behind a bar gate. He walked up and shook my hand, "I'm Tyler Jones, ma'am we just want to ask you some questions on film, is that okay?" he raises an eyebrow and I nod. 

He escorts me to a room where a small camera on a tripod is set up and filming. I sit down in front of him, and he began asking questions. 

"Who is Hunter to you?" "He's my boyfriend."
"How long were you two together?" "A long time." 
"Did you know he was mentally unwell?" "...No." 
"Could you have stopped him from taking his life?" "He did it whilst I was asleep." 
"How did you find out Hunter took his life?" "His Instagram photo, and then an article on the Internet."
...

"Thank you for your time, we'll contact you if we require anything else" he smiles and I shook his hand before slumping out to my car with the hood up and sleeves covering my hands.