Chapter 25: What a Miracle You Are

Song: A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

My eyes adjusted to the glistening light that hung in the center of the room, that's before I looked over to my right. And there was Hunter curled up in a little ball, sleeping with his head towards his shoulder, all whilst he was holding my right hand. 
I jolted a little squeeze, and he woke up right away and started crying. "Alexa!" he sniffles, wiping his tears. "I missed you" he sniffles again, giggling. I move over, and he crawls onto the bed and lays next to me, whilst giving me a gentle hug. 

We just laid there, and he drifted back to sleep cuddled in my arms. The doctor walks in amazed, "well how are you doing Alexa?" he laughs, scribbling on his board, jotting down notes possibly. "I feel alright" I shrug laughing, and he nods. "We will do one more examination and blood test in a couple hours, then when the blood results come back clear, you'll be able to check out. It will be a day or two, okay?" he smiles and I nod. "Thanks" I reply as he darted out the door and made a turn down the hall. 

Hunter's face was smothered in my gown, I placed my arm around him and my hand rested on his head, and I gave Hunter sort of a head scratch, but it was also a massage at the same time. I lean down, groaning softly since I haven't moved for nearly a month; and kiss his forehead. "I'm here, okay and well. I'm not leaving" I softly whisper, and rest my arm around his shoulder. He then groans "mm" then with his eyes shut still, he places my hand back on his head. I laugh, and continue part 2 of his head scratch/massage. 

I found my phone on the bedside table, unplugging it and going on Instagram. There were quite a lot of comments, asking where I was and such. 

@alexabarton: Okay, you all

@alexabarton: Okay, you all. I am okay! 💜 I was in a coma for 26 days, due to a car accident (a car ran into me.)In a day or two, I'll be back at home. Hunter and I are strong still, and he's being cute at the moment. 😍 Zach and I were step siblings, but our parents split up so he moved with my Dad to PA and I live alone now since Mum left. Thank you all for caring, love ya!!! 💘

"Alexa, we're doing examination and blood test in an hour, okay?" the doctor huskily  as he peeps through the door. "Yep" I simply reply as he leaves. "Hunter, baby soon you gotta get off because I got final examination and test before I can leave" I shook him, and all I saw as I turned him over was a pout on his face. "Awe" I frown, poking his lip. "But really, we got an hour or less" I sigh, and he just laughs and pulls me into a hug. "I love you, thank you for pulling through for me" he smiles beamingly. "Aww, baby boy I could never leave you" I giggle, pulling him in for a kiss. 

On Snapchat, I spammed pictures and videos of Hunter being cute, mostly for my benefits and also because why not give the supporters cute, partially exclusive videos/photos? "I'm gonna go home, change and shower, and bring back clothes for you so when you come back you can be comfy" Hunter grins, and gets up to leave. "You're forgetting something" I pout, and he turns around, that's when I pull him towards me for a kiss. "Love you" I wink and he chuckles, blowing me a kiss as he exits the room, car keys and phone in hand.