4. Derek Hale

After school Stiles made Scott show him where he found the body and of course he had to drag me with them. And of course we had to talk about practice earlier today.
"I- uh- I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things." I wasn't looking for a reason for Scott's luck today, but now he's saying this, there's only one way that it could happen. It's probably nothing, just my paranoia again and Scott thinking he can do all those things
"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles pulled me out of my trance again, since when am I this far stuck in my head?
"Like the mint mojito gum in your pocket." What? I tried to smell Stiles' jacket as subtle as possible and I smell... Gum
"I even haven't got gum." Stiles stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out, of course, a mint mojito gum. Shit! Why? What did I do wrong? Why can't I just have a normal life? 'Because you aren't normal.' A voice in my head answered my question, it's right. I don't deserve a normal life. Stiles and Scott were talking, but I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to find out, what was happening to Scott, but I know what it is. There are only two things that can explain what's happening and the wolf bite he has probably has everything to do with it.
"I know! You're a werewolf!" Stiles words sounded like he just read my mind and I stopped dead in my tracks for a second. How could he know? But when he started making growling sounds and fooling around about it, I knew he was just joking.
"But if you want, I can melt all the silver I have, cause ... Friday is the full moon." And they stopped walking. Wait, if they stop it means they are talking about something serious, but Scott's words changed the subject again to the body
"I could have sworn this is it. I saw the body, the deer came running, I dropped my inhaler." Scott was saying everything that happened to him, but footsteps were more interesting than that stupid body. I listened where the sound was coming from, but it stopped and Stiles hit Scott and me to get our attention and pointed to some guy who was standing not that far from us. Scott, who was squatting to find his inhaler, stood up and the guy started walking towards us. The closer he came, the better I could smell the smell on him. And that could only mean one thing. Stiles joke wasn't funny any more.
"What are you doing here?" The guy said, clearly not wanting us here.
"This is private property."
"Sorry man, we didn't know." Stiles said, but I didn't care! All I could think about was the fact if I, or if I not, had put the spell on my that mask my scent. Let's hope I did, otherwise, it won't be pretty. For him I mean.
"We were just looking for something, but-  uhm- forget it." The guy was looking weird at Scott. And out off the blue he threw him his inhaler and started walking away again.
"Dude, that was Derek Hale. You remember him, right? He's only like a few years older than us." Stiles was saying, to Scott mostly.
"Remember what?"
"His family. They all burned in a fire ten years ago."
"Wonder what he's doing back." I whispered under my breath.
"Let's go." Stiles said and he started walking back. I wanted to get out of here, but I didn't trust him enough to turn my back on him.

That evening I changed into sweatpants and removed all my make-up and did my hair in a messy ponytail. I went to the library and searched one of my old diaries to remember what happened last time I ran into another one when I heard the doorbell. I sighted and went downstairs when the person who rang the bell lost his patients and started knocking on the door as well. I sighted. I could run vampire speed, but I'm just not in the mood. I looked through the looking hole in the door and saw Stiles standing there. I knocked my head against the door and I could hear him shifting, he heard it.
"Cass, I know you're there. I heard you. Please, open the door." I sighted and unlocked the door, opening it and standing in the opening blocking his way in.
"What do you want, Stiles?"
"Scott's at work and I was bored."
"I think I made it pretty clear that I don't want anyone here."
"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. You're not going to let me drive all the way back home, are you?" I sighted and moved out of the way, motioning him to come further. I kinda just wanted to test him, I trust him, but this is the ultimate test. I always put a spell on the house where I live that has the same effect as a human living there. I mean, vampires can't enter the house without being invited in. Stiles walked in grinning wide a started looking around
"Wow, Cass. How did you pay for this? I thought you lived alone."
"I do live alone. My parents died and I don't have any family left, but they left my loads of money, like you can see." I started walking to the living room 
"Why do you have a second house and a second car?"
"Like I said, I want to stay low. And driving my car to school, wouldn't help doing that."
"Ok, that's the car. Why the house?"
"That's obvious. If I drive here after school and someone follows me, the car wouldn't help much, would it?"
"You're right."
"Of course I'm right."  I started to walk to the living room with Stiles following me, looking around in the house

"You want to drink anything?" I asked when we finally entered the living room.

"Uhm, yeah, sure. Uhm, can I have a coke?"

"Uhm' yeah, sure. Stay right where you are." I walked to the kitchen and I could hear Stiles trying to sneak out. I took two cokes and listened where the sounds came from. Upstairs. I walked towards to sound

"What don't you get if I say 'stay right where you are'?" He jump at my voice, not expecting me to be there

"Uhm- the stay-part." H said smiling, thinking he was funny. I rolled my eyes

"Ok, follow me." I needed to distract him, so I can look for that dairy so I started to walk to the one room I think is capable of doing that. I stopped in front the closed door

"Ok, Stiles listen closely. I don't want you coming here all the time, when you're bored, but for this once you can enter this room. I'll leave you alone in it. Don't break anything and I want you out at 11. Am I clear?" He looked weird at me, not understanding why I was saying all that, but nodded anyway. I opened the door and his eyes grew twice their size when he saw my game room. He did a happy dance, hugged me while saying 'Thank you, thank you, thank you!' And he shot the room in looking around deciding what he would do first.

"I'll put your coke here." I said, even if I know he would look at it and went back to the library looking my my dairies. At 11 I went back to the game room to chase Stiles away, but when I entered the room he was sleeping on the pool table.

"Hey, Stiles." I whispered in his ear, waking him. He opened his eyes and looked sleepy at me

"You can crash here, but not on the pool table. You're going to be all sore tomorrow. Come on, I'll show you a guest room and call your dad telling him you're here so he doesn't worry." He nodded while still half asleep and I helped him get up and in the guest room. I took his phone and called his dad telling where he was and he was glad I called him. I went to bed, tomorrow is another day to look for my dairies.