29. Payback

Time for lacrosse practice. I was sitting on the tribunes waiting for the guys to come out. Why do I even keep coming to their practices? Ah, there they are. Stiles' heart was racing. But where's Scott? Time to worry or not? Stiles wasn't looking worried so I decided no to do so either, but still somewhere there was a nagging feeling. Stiles sat on the bench and his heart was still racing, like he was exited or nervous for something. Not long after that Scott came out and I swear I smelled Lydia somewhere close, but I shook it of. Probably just my imagination. Stiles started asking questions and Scott was acting weird. I really don't like him on a full moon. Training started and it was Scott's turn. He ran into the defenders and he was smacked to the ground. The coach was giving a comment, like always, and Scott's heart started going up. Please don't shift, please don't shift. The coach blew the whistle, motioning it was Stiles' turn, but Scott jumped up and stopped Stiles from doing so.
"That's the spirit, McCall!" The coach blew the whistle again and Scott ran to the defenders, rammed into them and ran passed them, knocking the goalie, Danny, out and scoring. I really don't like Scott on the full moon. I looked over to the defenders and Danny and saw Danny still laying on the ground. Shit. Everyone but Stiles ran over to Danny and I ran on the field, looking if Danny was OK and than to Scott.
"What the hell are you doing, Scott." I said and he looked at me like I was crazy for asking
"What? he's twice the size of me."
"Yeah, but everyone likes Danny. Now everyone's gonna hate you." Stiles was agreeing with me, but who wouldn't at this point?
"I don't care." I started smelling blood, low amount, probably from Danny's bleeding nose. I was kicked from the field and went back to the tribunes. I looked over to Scott and Stiles and saw Stiles glaring at Scott. I wonder what happened. Practice ended and I waited for Scott and Stiles to get out the locker room. Stiles and I left for Scott's house, without Scott, little bit weird, but it Stiles, I'm used to it. I jumped through the window while Stiles said he knew a way to get in. I jumped up and was scared to hell by Scott, sitting in his chair, as quiet as it can be. Stiles came in not long after that.
"You wanna see what I bought?" Stiles said going through his bag
"I'm fine. I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight."
"You sure about that? Cause you got this kinda look on your face. Kinda- Serialkiller-look on your face." Stiles said, I would laugh, but he was right.
"I'm fine. You two should go now."
"What?! You shouldn't be alone tonight."
"I'm fine, Cass. Go now."
"Fine. But can you at least look in the bag and see what I bought? Maybe you'll use it, maybe you don't."
"What?! You can't be serious, Stiles!" What the hell was he talking about? I'm not leaving Scott like this.
"We can't force him, Cass."
"Hell yeah, we can."
"OK, come on, Scott." He just ignored me. He can say what he want, I'm not leaving. Scott stood up and walked to Stiles and his bag. He put his hand in the bag and pulled out a chain.
"You think I'm gonna let you chain me up like a dog?"
"Actually, no." Stiles said and he putted a handcuff round Scott's wrist and chained him to the radiator.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"
"Protecting you from yourself. And giving you some payback..." Payback for what?
"For making out with Lydia." Ohh, that explains why he was glaring at him earlier. I won't ask more about that. Stiles was being an asshole to Scott. He was even making him drink out a dog bowl. It was quite funny actually, he even wrote his name on it. I'm sorry, it's wrong, but I still think it's a nice payback for Scott being a total ass.

Stiles' P.O.V.
I know I don't have a chance with Cass, so I kinda have given up on her. I'm to 'friend-zoned' to ever get to her. And Lydia? She's just the one I like from third grate. That's that one person you don't like the way you liked back then, but you still feel something. And for the moment, everything is better than not being able to think about anything else, but your best friend. Yeah, I'm in love with my best friend and I know I'm never gonna be with her. She's too cool, too hot, too special for me. She can have everyone she want, and her I am. Taking payback on my other best friend for making out with a girl I haven't liked the same since I met my ... best friend. I still don't like the sound of that, but I know we won't ever be more than that, so I don't have another choice. Oh, but wait. I haven't told you what happened right? We were in the locker room and the coach has made me first line and he made Scott co-captain with Jackson. We walked out and we started talking about the way he wasn't happy and he told me he could feel jealousy and I asked him if he could feel attraction, you know... sexual attraction and I asked him to talk to Cass, but I know she doesn't has a clue and she won't feel anything like that, so I made him ask Lydia, if she likes me, but I know she won't like me either, but with her saying no I can live more than when Cass would say no and she wouldn't want to be friends anymore. But anyway, I asked him to ask Lydia if she likes me. He came back outside and he was acting weird, I don't know maybe the break up, maybe the full moon, and stuff, but he said she liked me. Me happy, not as happy as with Cass, but happy. And when Scott hit Danny Lydia came to Jackson and asked what happened. Jackson notice her lipstick not being perfect and everyone knows Lydia's make-up always perfect is. And three guesses what happened and with who! I'm pissed. Not because I like Cass, that I can't like someone else... Never mind it doesn't make sense to you but it does to me.