69. The full moon part 2

"Derek!" Derek turns away from Boyd and picks up Isaac. And start chaining him to one of the seat.

"How do you not feel this?"

"I feel every second of it."

" Then how do you control it?"

"Find an anchor. Something meaningful to you. Bind yourself to it. Keep the human side in control."

"What is it for you?"

"Mostly Anger, but it doesn't have to be that for everybody." Mostly?

"You mean Scott?"

"Yeah." Erica and Boyd were groaning and if I compare myself with them, I was calm

"All right, that should do it." Derek pulled at Isaac's chains and the whole seat moved and I heard both their heartbeats rate. Next to me I heard Erica and Boyd starting to growl and I looked. They were in their wolf form and they were both looking at Derek and Isaac, growling angrily. My head started to feel light, but I forced myself to not change.I did what Derek told Isaac: Find something to keep my human side in control.

I thought of Rebekah before mother turned us. Playing jokes on the boys and always having fun with magic.  I could feel the weight of the moon and after I felt I was in my wolfside I could feel a bit of the pressure fall of my shoulders, but the sound of Rebekah laughing brought back some of the weight. I remembered my brothers. I remembered how I felt after Henrik died. I remembered the way I felt when I knew I lost my humanity when mother changed us. And I know I don't want to lose the last humanity that I have left. I remembered my life as a vampire. I remembered the fear of being recognized by someone, but I didn't feel scared if I thought about what would happen if my family would find out about me. I heard the sound of Erica, Isaac and Boyd's chains. They were trying everything to break free and I saw them changes into their wolf.

"Scott, can you call me back? I'm probably gonna need some help." I heard Derek say through the phone.

"Definitely gonna need some help." He mumbled under his breath when suddenly Erica and Boyd were doing everything they could to break free. Derek came back inside with his claws already pulled. I heard something crack and I saw Erica had freed herself. Suddenly Boyd and Isaac were free as well and while Derek was fighting with Erica Isaac tried to run

"Isaac!" Derek screamed as he tried to catch Isaac while he jumped through a window. Boyd grabbed Derek from behind and threw him on the floor and he started clawing him. I can't just stand here. I have to help. In one pull I freed myself and I pulled Boyd of Derek. I felt Erica jump on my back and I felt another weight fall of my shoulder. I'm back in my wolf form. I throw her from my back and Derek pulls her arm and tried to chain her back against a pole. Boyd growls and I see him trying to run. I go after him, but before I had the chance Isaac jumped back inside the rain and pushed Boyd down in a seat. I wasn't paying attention on Erica and she scratched my back and I hit her knock out. I looked at Derek and Isaac and they nodded. Isaac was in his wolfform, but it seemed like he had it under control. Isaac sat down and I could see he was having trouble keeping it in check. I chained up Erica and then walked over to Isaac and sat next to him.

"You want me to chain you up too?" He nodded and I chained him to the seat while Derek was just done with Boyd

"Looks like the two of you found an anchor."

"My family."

"My father."

"Your father locked you in a freezer in the basement to punish you."

"He didn't use to."

"And not to be hard, but your family died over hundred years ago."

"They're still alive."

"What?!" Derek pulled me out the train

"I thought you said they died."

"Yeah, I had to say something. Why would a teenager live on her own if she's not alone? But I haven't seen them since we were turn so somehow they are dead to me. But why do you care? I mean, your family died too."

"Yeah, never mind."

"I'll go back inside."

"Sure." I heard footsteps outside and I heard something fall.

"Derek? What was that?" No reaction...

"Derek?" I checked Isaac, Boyd and Erica. They seemed fine. I walked outside the train and saw something purple laying on the ground

"Derek? Derek, where are you?" I didn't hear anything. No more footsteps, and I don't hear his heartbeat. I only hear the three ones from inside.

"Derek?!" Still no reaction. I run inside and talk to Isaac, the only one that's conscious.

"I've got to go. I'm sorry, but you're on your own." He just nods. He's having a hard time.

"I'm so sorry, Isaac." I say before running away. I try to track Derek's smell. I got the smell and follow it, towards... The burned down Hale mansion? I'm walking around in the woods around the mansion until I hear Derek scream and I smell blood.

"Derek!" I run inside and see Derek laying on the ground with his arm in the hole he's laying next to. When he opens his eyes their red, but the color fades. Derek stops screaming and something comes up through the wooden floor. Or should I say someone...

I'm standing in the doorway when I remember that's where we buried Peter after Derek killed him. I didn't notice before, but Lydia is sitting there as well. What is she doing here? 

"I heard there was a party." Peter said and he looked up

"Don't worry. I invited myself." He was smirking. Derek noticed me standing in the door and I know he wants me to hide and I shake my head Peter suddenly turned around and looked at me

"I see someone got the bite." He smirked again

"Smile one more time at me and I swear I'm gonna kill you. You know what? Forget about that. I'll kill you right here and right now." I shift and run forward at vampire speed.

"No." I hear Derek breath when I'm just about to snap Peter's neck. I sight and throw him aside. I walk to Derek, but notice he's knock out. I look back to the place I threw Peter, but he's gone. I look for Lydia, but she's gone as well. Great...