10. You can't beat me

"Who is that?" Stiles asked me.

"Derek. We need to find Scott." Stiles and I got in the car and drove to Scott's house. We rang the bell, but no one opened.

"Wait. I have a spare." Stiles was looking through his pockets

"You what?"

"Yeah, I have a spare. In case of emergencies and this definitely is one." He pulled a key out his pockets and opened the door. We both ran up the stairs, to Scott's room. I knocked. Yeah, I know knocking in such an emergency, but I once went in without and I ran in on him changing. Not nice. I tried to open the door, but it was locked and with Stiles behind me I couldn't just open it.

"Scott? It us." Scott opened the door a tiny bit, but blocked it from opening further

"Let us in, we can help."

"No. Listen you've got to find Allison."

"She's fine. We saw her get a ride after the party. She's totally fine." Stiles had to answer that, I knew Allison could be in danger. I mean, I definitely smelled wolf on Derek and he's the one she got a ride from, but Scott didn't have to know that.

" I think I know who it is--"

"Scott, let us in we could talk if you just--"

"It's Derek. Derek Hale's the werewolf. He's the one who bit me. He's the one who killed the girl in the woods." Shit, he found out. Stiles please don't say anything... Please!

"Scott, Derek's the one who drove Allison from the party." Idiot! It was quiet for a second, but then Scott smashed the door, locking it. Stiles started screaming his name and hitting the door, while I heard him go through the window

"Stiles, this is no use. We need to find Allison." Stiles nodded and we headed outside, speed walking.

"I-Uh- I think I'm going to try and find Scott. You go find Allison." I tossed him my keys and before he could say anything I was already starting to run, humanspeed, to the woods.

"Be careful!" Was all he yelled after me. Once I got in the woods I tried to find Scott with his scent. Found it. I looked around, checking if it was clear to run, Vampirespeed. Clear. And I ran after his scent, but stopped when I heard voices. I went back to humanspeed and saw Scott fighting with Derek. Derek pushed him against a tree. I heard others. Not me, Scott or Derek. Different from that. I stayed right where I was, not moving at all.

"Where is she?"

"Shh, quiet." Derek heard it as well. He focused on his surroundings.

"Too late. They're already here. Run." What? What was he talking about? Who was here? And why did he say Scott needed to run? Scott started to run when something way too bright hit a tree, causing Scott to stop and an arrow hit him right in the arm. Hunters, three of them.

"Take him." One of them said to the others. I was just about to go and help Scott when someone was already doing that. Derek. I ran after them and I heard them talking, a miracle they didn't notice me.

"Who were they?"

"Hunters. The kind that has been hunting us for centuries."

"Us? You mean you! You did this to me!"

"Is it really so bad, Scott? That you can see better, hear more clearly, move faster than a human could only hope? You've been given what most people would kill for. The bite is a gift."

"I don't want it."

"You will. And you're gonna need me if you wanna learn how to control it. So you and me Scott, we're brothers now." Just when I heard Derek walk away I made a wrong move and a twig broke and I was sure both of them heard me. Time to play the act.

"Scott?" Where are you? It's me, Cassandra." I walked towards the place where I last heard the voices

"Scott? Please say something if you can hear me! Uh, this is no use. I should've had went with Stiles. Look at me, wandering in the woods at night." I said the last part more to myself than anyone, but I know they would've heard me. I kept walking looking round, acting scared and stuff, you know, acting like the girl I've been acting I am ever since I came here.

"Who's Cassandra?" I heard them whispering again

"One of my best friends. She knows."

"You told her?"

"No, they found out before me, but yeah, I would've told her." I kept walking just a tiny bit off trail, trying to be subtle.

"Scott? Is that you?" I sighted and started talking back more to myself, this time acting scared

"Please tell me that was you."

"Call her. If the hunters find her, they'll think it's her."

"Cassandra? I'm here."

"Scott?" Acting happy etc. etc.

"Yeah, I'm here!"

"Where?" I heard moving coming towards me.

"I'll guide you to him." Derek.

"No! Let go of me!" If he's the one who turned Scott, he's an alpha, but he doesn't look like one. Time to find out. During the 'struggle' to get free I touch his arm and said a silent spell, that's supposed to show me the color of his eyes. His eyes turned ... Blue. I gasped, not acting. Blue is the color of the eyes of a beta, a beta who took an innocent life. The eye color of an alpha is red, this isn't the one. He's one, just not the one. I stopped 'struggling' and let him take me to Scott.

"Scott!" I threw myself in his arms, still acting remember

"Cass, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you. What is he doing here?" I pointed to Derek, who rolled his eyes. Venom on the last part. He may not be the alpha, but I still don't like him.

"He helped me."

"From what?"

"Hunters." Derek said, interfering the conversation.

"Now I't my turn to ask a question. What are you?" What? Shit! I forgot the spell!

"What?"

"I don't know what you are, but you're not human. I can smell it on you."

"What are you talking about?"

"Stop acting dumb and start talking."

"What is he talking about, Cassandra?" Crap. I forgot Scott was listening as well

"You didn't even tell your best friend?"

"Tell me what?"

"You thought she was human, didn't you?" There was a smirk forming on Derek's face.

" She is human."

"No, she's not. I can smell it on her. Everything has a different smell. And she's not human, I just don't know what he hell she is." I couldn't lie anymore, but I'm not gonna tell him, what I am, better said, who I am. I looked at Scott with an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry. I should've told you. You and Stiles. You deserved to know."

"What?" Scott didn't want to believe, I can't blame him.

"Well then, if he deserves to know... Spill it."

"No."

"No? Tell us or I'll make you tell."

"You can't beat me."

(A/N) Oops, not good. Derek smelled something's up and now Scott knows too. Hope you like the chapter.

While looking for a photo, I came across this quote and I think it's a good one.

Comment, favorite, follow. I follow back.

Xoxo Lilly