34. Scott's mom

I'm sitting at home doing some homework while listening to my favorite music.

youtube.com/watch?v=8v_4O44sfjM&list=SPBE77ADCBD45DE5B5

The bell rang and I paused the song and pulled myself up. I opened the door and Stiles walked straight in.
"Hi to you to."
"We need to talk."
"About what?"
"About what you told me last night."
"Guess I could expect that." I sighted
"OK, what do you want to know?"
"What do you men you can be turned?"
"What do you think yourself, Stiles?"
"You can be bitten?" I nodded
"But, I thought you already were a werewolf."
"No, I have the werewolf-gene, but I'm not a werewolf." He was looking at me with a face that told me he didn't get me point
"I'm born a werewolf, but I never killed a man before."
"So?"
"So the gene I have because I'm born a werewolf isn't triggered yet."
"So what do you mean that you can be turned?"
"Normally a vampire would die from a werwolfbite. Normally an Original would die and resurrect. My twin, Niklaus, also had the gene, but mother putted a spell on him to keep him from that side since he did kill a man and his gene was triggered. That makes me the only one who can be turned into a werewolf."
"How can you be so sure?"
"My mother told me that a special bite can trigger the werewolf-gene as well. And we both know what she meant with 'Special bite'."
"Why are you so scared of being turned?"
"Because I already hate the fact I'm a Vampire who just can't get killed, I don't want to be a werewolf on top of that."
"What's it like to be a vampire?"
"Horrible. Everywhere you go you risque on killing someone. With time there comes control, but the craving always stays."
"So on this right moment you're thinking about killing me?"
"No. You get it wrong. On this right moment I'm thinking about ways to keep you alive."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, if you would get a papercut, I would stop breathing until all the blood is gone."
"Stop breathing?!"
"Yes, but it's not like a vital thing for a vampire, it's not like we have to breath."
"What?"
"It's more like we breath out of habit. And to make sure we wouldn't be noticed."
"Huh?"
"If a random person just wouldn't breath, wouldn't make the movement of breathing, wouldn't it be suspicious to you?"
"Yeah, OK. And especially now you told me."
"Yeah, there are a lot of ways to spot a vampire. Even as a human."
"Like how?"
"Like... They can't get into your house until you invite them inside."
"Really?"
"Yeah, so if a person you don't know asks to come in say something like 'The living is over there.' Or whatever he's asking for. Never say 'Come in'."
"Was it the same with you?"
"Uhm, I don't remember. I'm still a witch and if a person doesn't invite me in I do a 'silent spell' which makes it possible for m to come in. Being special ha his perks sometimes." We both laughed a bit
"Is that all?"
"No, there are other ways. Like Vervain. Sunlight, of course, but there are exceptions."
"Exceptions?"
"Daylightring. They make it possible for a vampire to walk in the sun."
"You walk in the sun. Do you have a Daylightring?"
"No. I'm an Original. That's an exception on it's own."
"Oh."
"Yeah, vampires are dangerous. And I'm sorry I had to bring this on you and Scott."
"You didn't bring this on us. You can't help it that you're just at the wrong place at the wrong time."
"Or is it that you were on the wrong place on the wrong time with the wrong person?"
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing. I never keep thinking my family knows I'm alive."
"They don't know. I'm sure about that."
"Let's hope so. No one wants to see what happens if they find out."
"They won't. Don't worry."
"I know." I took a deep breath
"Anything else you wanted to know?"
"Is there really a cure for Scott?"
"I don't know. I never heard of it anyway."
"So you think--"
"I think it's a lie from Derek getting Scott to help him, but I'm not sure. It could be true." It was getting dark and Stiles looks on the clock that's hanging behind me.
"Oh, shit. It's past 11. I'm sorry I got to go."
"It's fine. Bye talk to you later."
"Bye" I hear the door falling closed behind Stiles and I hear his engine starting. I take a deep breath and put on my Pj's and get in bed, but there's that nagging feeling something's gonna go wrong tonight.

"Call it again." We were in Scott's room searching for his phone
"It's not here." I say sitting on the desk while Stiles's sitting on the deskchair.
"So you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles was getting tired of this
"I can't afford a new one. And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek"
"I can help."
"No, I don't want you paying my stuff."
"Right. Ego-issues."
"No, I don't have 'ego-issues' I just don't want you to pay for my things."
"And you're not alone. You have us."
"And didn't you say Derek walked in a gunfire? He sounds pretty dead."
"The Argents are going to use him to find the Alpha. They're not gonna kill him."
"Then let them do what their planning. You know, they use Derek to get Peter. Problem solved."
"Not if Peter's going after Allison for Derek. I can't protect her on my own. Which means we have to find Derek first... Just help me."
"You probably lost it when you two were fighting. You remember that? When h was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson. Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Yeah apparently I missed a lot last night while I was sleeping.
"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die."
"Can you at least think about letting him die?" I shoved Stiles and the wheels beneath his chair brought him to the other side of the room. I glared at me and I glared at him even worse, but I looked up when I heard a car stop close by.
"What?"
"Scott's mom's back home from work."
'Hi, it's me. Melissa McCall, Giving you a call. That always sounds really weird cause my last name, McCall, so, yeah,uhm, you know I was just wondering if you wanted to reschedule the dinner, or lunch, you know it doesn't have to be dinner, lunch is good. Or maybe you would like to do coffee, or maybe you're a teadrinker, I don't know. We could also just go out for drinks. Yeah, cause I think I need a few after this embarrassing phonecall. So if this really doesn't freak you out too much, after this disastrous call feel free to, uhm, give me a call' Wow, that was, sad. I feel bad for her. She deserves a man who treats her right. I look over to Scott. He's having a sad face, guess he's thinking the same.
"Is she alright?" Scott shakes his head
"What's she doing?"
"Crying." Scott stood up and sat on the ed across from Stiles. I stand up and go sit next to him.
"Scott, you can't protect everyone." I say laying my hand on his knee for support
"I have to." Scott's voice is deep and sincere. He means it.