79. Boring's fine

I'm bored as hell. I thought there would happen more than this...  My phone went of and I looked at the caller ID
"Hey, Isaac."
'Where the hell are you?!'
"I'm on a trip."
'Really, Cass? Why didn't you tell us?'
"Sorry, I didn't know I should tell everyone that I was leaving."
'Where are you?'
"Nowhere you know."
'Just tell me, Cass.'
"I'm not telling you, Isaac."
'Why not?'
"Because I'm telling no one. I'm not that safe and I'm not taking anyone here. I'll be fine."
'Are you coming back?'
"Yeah, I'm back before school starts again."
'OK.'
"Thanks."
'Why are you thanking me?'
"Because you're being worried for me even though there isn't a lot that can really happen to me."
'Yeah, sorry.'
"Don't apologize, Isaac. But I have to go, I'll talk to you later and don't call me unless it's an emergency. I told the same thing to Scott and Stiles. I'll try and call you if I have the chance so you don't have to worry about me."
'Thanks, Cass. I'll leave you alone then.'
"Bye, Isaac."
'Bye.' I laid my phone on the coffee table and I sighed. I need some action. Since I'm here I've been walking around in town and the first thing I noticed was that most of the people here are on vervain and that here are even more supernatural creatures than in Beakon Hills, but at least non that I don't know. At least if you don't calculate the hybrids in. The doorbell rang and I opened the door.
"Hi, Damon, what are you doing here?"
"We need your witch."
"Why?"
"To open a coffin."
"A coffin?"
"Yeah, and our witch can't open it. Maybe yours can."
"Then you'll have to show me the coffin."
"Sorry, can't do that."
"You'll have to. Otherwise my witch isn't going to help, and you know it." Damon sighed.
"I'll have to call Stefan first."
"Stefan?"
"Yeah, he's kinda in charge about them."
"Sure call him." Damon took out his phone and called Stefan
"Hey Stef, where are you?"
'I'm on the road.'
"Road to where?"
'I'm following Elena and Bonnie.'
"I may have found a witch that can help open it, but I'll have to show her first."
'No, Damon. You're not taking someone there.'
"You sure? I mean, it can be the solution."
'No and don't tell me you told what's in the coffin.'
"No, no, I didn't."
'Great, but I have to go. I'm here.' Damon cut of the call
"Guess you heard. It's a no no"
"Since when do you listen to your brother, Damon?"
"Since it's kinda important. It's about Klaus."
"If you think you can lock him inside that coffin, it's not gonna work. You can't stop him, that's the problem, Damon."
"No, we stole the coffin from Klaus. We just need to know what's in it."
"I'm sorry, but I can't help you."
"Why not?"
"Because I'm not going to intervene with Klaus. I don't want to get on the black list, you see."
"Yeah, right. I guess I should go then."
"Bye, Damon." Damon walked away and I closed the door. What would Klaus keep in that coffin?

Another day passes and I'm still bored as hell. Guess I'll go for a hunt again... I'm running through the woods when I heard Damon's voice
"Elijah, my favorite original, back from the dead. Clean up nice." Elijah! I sneak up towards the sounds
"You left something, in my jacket pocket. "
"Oh, yeah. 'Dear Elijah, let's get together, plot the destruction of your brother, xoxo.' "
"Damon."
"Was I right to undagger you or are we gonna have a problem? "
"I'm here, let's talk." I see Elijah shift on his feet, he heard something and is trying to find out where it came from, but doesn't want Damon to know. I need to get out of here. I run silently back to my house. Once I'm inside I exhale.
"He's here. Elijah's here." I fall down on the couch until a knock on the door attracts my attention. I take a deep breath and open the door
"Why were you listening to my conversation with Damon Salvatore?"
"I didn't mean to, I heard it during hunt."
"Hunt? In the woods?" Elijah wanted to step inside, but my spell stopped him and he looked at me differently
"I'm on a diet."
"What for diet."
"I think you know, you're just doubting because you can't get inside."
"So you know who I am?"
"I'm surprised you don't know who I am, Elijah."
"Should I know you?"
"Yes. I feel rather disappointed that you don't recognize me, please, come in."
"The owner of the house has to invite me in, girl." I smirked and I walked to the living room and I heard Elijah walk inside. He ran vampirespeed to me and stopped me
"How did you do that?" He was trying to compel me
"Compelling isn't going to work."
"OK, can you please enlighten me about how you did that?"
"It's a spell."
"You got a witch friend?"
"You can say that."
"Do you know more about me than just my name?"
"Of course. Elijah Mikaelson. Oldest of the original family."
"Well, are you going to tell me your name, girl?" Girl? Of course! The spell that makes me younger!
"I'm really disappointed that you don't recognize me, but after all these years, I've changed. Or should I say the spell changed me."
"Spell?"
"Yes, the same witch that putted the spell on the house, has putted a spell on me that makes me appear younger than I am. I mean besides the vampire-aging."
"Your name, please."
"Cassandra."
"What?"
"What's wrong? I told you my name." Elijah looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall behind me
"Nothing, I have to go. I've got an appointment with my brother. Do you know Nicklaus?"
"I know him, but if you don't remember me, he's not gonna remember me either."
"Do you know where his house is? Nicklaus's I mean."
"No, but I'll find it if I have to. Why?"
"I'd like you to come have dinner with us."
"Why?"
"You- you interest me, Cassandra and I'd like you to join us for dinner. We're having guests, but I don't think someone would care if you'd be there as well."
"What guests?"
"Damon and Stefan Salvatore. Do you know them as well?"
"To be honest, yes. Only difference, they do know me. They just don't know who I am."
"Is that a yes, you'll join us?"
"Sure. I'll be there." Elijah left my house and I fell down on the floor

This just can't be real!