38. Getting Derek

I heard a howl. Scott. I start walking back outside.
"What's wrong?" Didn't he hear? Keep it that way. Maybe it's a wolf thing and he would notice
"Not working. Gotta get out."
"OK, I'm coming with you."
"No, stay here. If people ask where I am, tell them I wasn't feeling so well and I needed to get some air. Not completely a lie." I walk into the staircase, And, like I asked him to, he stayed where he was. I ran down vampirespeed. No one who would see. Once I'm downstairs I slow down and I hear another howl. Derek. I can track it. I know where he is now. Perfect! I get in the car and drive towards the sound. After a while I get where the howl is taking me. The Argent's house. I park my car somewhat further away and run through the woods at normal speed. I hear someone. I stop running and walk closer in on the person. He doesn't hear me. I walk closer and he turns around.
"Scott!" I whisper/yell
"Cass, what are you doing here?!" He does the same
"Following the howl. Duh."
"You heard it?"
"Yeah. I guess Peter did too then."
"Shit. Totally forgot about that."
"I guessed." We stopped talking and I started sniffing around. Yeah, Derek's definitely here. Scott was the first to track it and it lead us a bit back. He opened some sort of fence and he walked straight inside. When I tried, something was stopping me.
"Come on, Cass. We don't have time for this."
"I-I can't. I can't get through. I would heave to use a spell, but it would take too long. Go without me." I hate it when people know about vampires and hire a witch to cast a spell over something. I walk back and hear footsteps. I walk back to the gate, but the person is already inside. Shit.
"Shit, shit, shit." I whisper to myself.
"If they are dead, it's my fault. Shit."
"Don't worry. We're fine." I turn around and see Scott and Derek come out of the cage door. I run towards Scott and put him in an embrace.
"Omg. I saw him walk in, but I couldn't do anything."
"It's OK." We pulled away and we started walking to Derek's house.
"Hold on." Derek says when we're a few meters away from the house
"Something doesn't feel right."
"What do you mean?" Scott asks and he looks around. I do the same, but sniff as well. Shit. I smelled something. It smells like Allison. That's weird. Oh, that's probably just her scent that's here from when she runs. She told me sometimes she runs this direction after school
"I don't know. It's like it was--"
"Oh, no. Don't say it was too easy. People say it was too easy and bad things happen." I looked over at Derek and he was rolling his eyes at Scott
"Do you think finding you was easy? Getting away from Allison's father? None of this has been easy!" Scott was losing it. I can't blame him actually.
"Ok, fine. You're right." Derek had just said it when he got shot with an arrow. Scoot and I looked over from the direction from the arrow. Allison and Kate. Shit. I should have trusted my instinct! Kate was giving Allison directions and she did exactly what she was told. Another arrow shot Derek in his leg and now Allison was aiming to the sky.
"Scott your eyes!" Derek yelled. I knew what he meant. I closed my eyes just in time and I could see the explosion through my eyelids. I opened my eyes and saw Derek breaking the arrows and Scott had lost his vision. I can't do anything without them knowing about me. Derek was limping and we helped Scott towards the house.
"Allison. I can explain."
"Stop lying. For once, stop lying."
"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal. I was gonna tell you everything. Cause, everything that I said, everything I did--"
"Was to protect me."
"Yes."
"I don't believe you."
"Oh my God. Now shoot him or I'll have to shoot him myself." Kate came closer and Allison was looking surprised at her words.
"You said we were just gonna catch them."
"We did that. Now we're gonna kill them." She raised her gun at Derek and shot him.
"See? Not that hard." Allison was looking shocked at the sight of her aunt killing Derek
"Oh no. I know that look. It's the 'you're gonna do it yourself'-look." She was now pointing her gun at Scott
"Kate, Kate, Kate. What are you doing?" Kate pushed Allison down next to me. Kate was shaking her head like she didn't want to do it
"I love those brown eyes." She was ready to pull the trigger
"Kate!" Kate turned her head towards the sound. So did Scott, Allison and I.
"I know what you did. Put the gun down." Allison's father showed up, but Kate wasn't really listening to him and she kept the gun pointing at Scott
"I did what I was told to do."
"No one asked you to murder innocent people. There were children in that house. Ones who were human. Look what you're doing now: you're holding a gun at a sixteen year- old boy. No proof he has spilled human blood. We go by the code." He said some phrase in French.
"We hunt them who hunt us." Allison translate it. Kate was putting her finger on the trigger, not listening to Allison's father at all. He was now aiming his gun at Kate
"Put the gun down." When when didn't listen he shot it. And missed. He hit the tree behind her.
"Before I put you down." None of the guns were moved. Kate's was still pointing at Scott and Allison's father's still at Kate, when the door started opening.
"Allison, Cassandra, get back." Suddenly both the guns and everyone's attention went to the door. Kinda funny he send me to the back as well, but I have to keep playing my role and I hold Allison closer and I'm pulling her slowly backwards.
"What is it?"
"It's the Alpha. Scott said and his eyes turned yellow. Peter runs outside, so fast even I can't follow him with my eyes. everyone is looking around, trying to find it. Suddenly Allison's father is knocked down, next is Allison and then me and then it's Scott, leaving Kate the only one standing.
"Come on! Come on!" I think Kate really has a death wish. Suddenly Peter was standing in his human form right next to Kate. He held her arm and she shot a few times before he broke her arm.

Peter broke Kate's arm. I could hear the bone crack. She was screaming in agony. Soon Peter grabbed her throat and he threw her against the house. Before she could stand he grabbed her again and he dragged her inside.
"No!" Allison jumped up and ran behind her aunt. I smelled blood. I guess Peter killed Kate. I can still hear two heartbeats inside. I saw Scott turn and he was gone inside in a heartbeat. I looked over to Derek, but he was gone as well. I decided to go and see after Allison's father. I ran over to it. Inside I was hearing a lot of things break and not much later Allison was sitting next to me.
"Dad? Dad?" She was shaking him; but there was no response. I could hear his heartbeat, so I knew he was gonna be alright, but she didn't. I was gonna tell her I felled his pulse earlier, but I heard glass cracking behind me and when I looked I saw Scott laying on the ground. Not much later Peter's alpha form jumped though it behind Scott. He grabbed Scott and was growling in his face. Scott kicked him in the stomach and he pushed himself backwards. Peter fell down and I heard... A car?! Peter got back up his feet and I heard a car horn. I looked behind and saw Stiles standing next to Jackson's car and Jackson at the other side. Stiles threw something at Peter, but he caught it. I knew whet that was. Lydia's wonderpotion. I looked around and saw Allison's bow laying in front of me. I grabbed it and passed it to Allison. She loaded it and right before Peter could get rid of the potion, Allison had shot an arrow in it and there was an enormous explosion right above Peter. Peter caught fire and his whole arm was burning. Jackson threw another one and Peter's whole body was covered in burning flames. Still Peter couldn't let go and went after Allison.
"No!" Scott yelled and he jumped against Peter making him fall back. He ran inside the woods, but he didn't get far. The fire calmed down and he fell down on the ground. It was quiet. Nothing to worry about. Peter's gone. Allison walked over to Scott, who was still in his wolfform. It was cute, but kinda personal and I looked away. I don't have business with that. Allison's father got up, relieved it was over, but I knew he didn't really like the fact Allison just kissed with a werewolf. OK, maybe I did watch for a second, but it was so cute! I heard footsteps and turned towards the sound. I saw Derek walking to Peter. He was gonna kill him, completely. Peter wasn't dead yet. He was still breathing. Scott shot up and ran towards them
"Wait! You said he cure comes from the one who bit you. If you do this, I'm dead. Her father, her family, what am I supposed to do?"
"You. Already. Decided." I looked around for the one who said it, but apparently it wasn't any one else. It was Peter.
"I can smell it on you!" Peter's voice was giving me the chills. Even in his last breath he scares me. Derek raised his hand and grew his claws.
"Wait! Don't don't don't!" Too late Derek had already slit Peter's throat. I knew it. Derek never wanted to help Scott. There probably isn't even a cure. He just needed Scott to find him. Derek stood up and looked over to us.
"I'm the Alpha now." Derek says in a deep voice, his eyes flashing red. This is going to give some trouble.