1\\Latte Mishaps

(DON'T FORGET TO WATCH THE NEW TRALIER ABOVE) 

Phoebe

Entering my favourite coffee store with the aromas hitting my nostrils wakes me up in the morning. The coffee store–Kaylee's Coffee–has become my regular coffee shop. Whenever I'm in need for a coffee fix, she's my girl. Her coffee is by far the best that you could taste and the crowded store this morning would confirm my opinion. There was a short line, maybe of 3 or 4 people in front of me. As you look around the room, pictures of the employees hit your eyes, along with some of the certificates they had to activate. The tables were scattered around the room, a few booths that would sit a large group of people.

"Good morning Phoebe," my eyes blinked, snapping me out of my daydreaming trance. I looked around, to find the source of the talking and I was surprised that it was my turn to order. How long was I daydreaming for? Shaking my head with a smile on my face, my feet walked me up to the counter, smelling the freshly made coffee instantly made my mouth water. "The usual today?"

"Of course, Kaylee. I only ever order from you, the coffee is a god's send," Kaylee smiled, before nodding and heading over to the coffee machine to make my coffee. Checking my watch, I wasn't going too badly for time. Leon hates it when his employees are late, even if it's his own flesh and blood. "How's business been going since Ben left?"

Kaylee turned around to face me while my coffee was being made. "Well, it's been alright. Ben was our major attraction, since he was very fit, most customers ask after him but I have to let them down easy and say that he's left. I do miss him, our business was booming when he worked here. Sucks he had to leave us to travel to Los Angeles."

Letting out a small giggle caused Kaylee to let out one too. Ben was the fittest person my eyes had ever laid sight on. He was charming, compassionate, gentle and all of the above. His customer service efficiency was one of the reasons why Kaylee's business was booming while he was here. Most women who walked through the door were buying coffees because Ben was working here. He might as well have been naked, the business would've done excellent.

"I bet you miss his compassionate work glow," sending a wink in her direction caused her cheeks to become tinted with a light pink. She was blushing, letting me know that Ben wasn't just a workmate. "You're blushing, why are you blushing, Kaylee? Is there something I'm missing out on?"

Kaylee shook her head so fast, the wind outside gasped. She was denying it but I could see right through her little façade. Her smile that made the room light up was anything but convincing. I hummed unconvincingly causing her to look at me and shake her head again, trying to worm her way out of my question. "I don't know what you're talking about, Ms. Evans," she spoke as she handed over my order of my non-fat milk latte.

After sipping my coffee, my hand gestures pointing from my eyes to hers signalled something inside Kaylee which made her cheeks turn tinted again, which made me even more intrigued. "Don't you worry about that, Kaylee, darling," I admitted, turning on my heel, which I heard her let out a breath before I made it close to the door. I span around, which caused Kaylee to watch me intently. "Pheebs always finds out, one way or another. Remember that, Ms. Cameron."

Before Kaylee could say anything back to me, the door behind me swung back as I was walking down the main street. Out the corner of my sea blue eyes, Kaylee was shaking her head with a smile on her face. The smooth sipping of my latte was interrupted with my cell phone ringing, my tune I chose letting the people walking beside me know that I was urgently needed. While holding my latte in one hand, my other was fishing inside my bag to find my phone. With my vision focusing on one thing, I couldn't see ahead of me and before I knew it, my latte was split all over someone. I had bumped into someone, that is the worst mistake in the histories of mistakes to make.