33\\A Gig and Work

(Long author's note, but read if you like xxx)

Phoebe

It was Sunday night and Niall's gig was in little under two hours.

I had work tomorrow so I wasn't going to stay out too late getting drunk. I was hyped to hear him sing since I haven't heard it in a few weeks, the last time being in the car. Claudia had gone home to get dressed up for the occasion and we were going to pick her up on the way there. She was ecstatic to be able to go to his gig, never hearing him sing before.

I was in my bedroom, making sure I was club worthy while finishing my make-up. I had text Brooke and Marilee, letting them know I was safely back in New York but I made sure it was around the time we would've landed, so they didn't suspect anything. But knowing them both, they probably will want to know all about it.

But I just wanted to forget about what happened in England for at least one night and enjoy myself at Niall's gig. Even though I really wanted to drink myself into oblivion, I know I can't because I do have work in the morning so I had to pace myself. A few glasses of red wine and a shot or two won't do me any harm.

"Phoebe! Are you almost ready? I gotta be there soon to set up!" Niall had called from the living room, probably anxious to get there. I checked myself quickly in the mirror before I walked out, Niall smiling in my direction. "Finally, you take ages to get ready."

As he let out a laugh, I slapped him playfully on the arm while he was laughing continuously. "You'll have to get used to it when you ask Claudia to be your girlfriend, she probably takes longer than me in the bathroom."

"Yeah, yeah. I know what I'm in for," he confirmed, quickly doing up his guitar case with his guitar safely inside. He was dressed in his skinny jeans along with his white shirt and his farmer's hat, it looked like. I giggled suddenly while he pouted at me. "What is it this time?"

"Are you seriously going to be wearing that hat? It makes it seem like you're a farmer."

"Whoop, there it is," he muttered while I continued to giggle, trying to contain myself but I couldn't. "Excuse me, but this is my favourite hat to perform in so if you're going to mock me for my farmer's hat, I'll leave you here."

I narrowed my eyes at him as my giggle came to a complete stop. "You wouldn't," I muttered angrily as he grinned at me.

"Try me."

I huffed before I turned on my heel, going into the kitchen to grab a drink as he was finishing getting ready. I was playfully a little mad but I knew deep down, he wanted me there so he was just being cheeky. "Hey, Niall? Whose car are we taking?" I called out to him as I heard him putting some stuff in his guitar case. I had a drink bottle full of water and I was slowly sipping it. I heard him chuckle gently before he appeared in the kitchen, leaning on the countertop.

"Mine because I just know you're going to get a teeny, weeny bit tipsy so I should be the allocated driver tonight. I won't be drinking at all since I'll be playing," he told me as he grabbed my bottle off me before he had a sip, not touching the top of course. He drank most of it before he handed it back to me. "Mm, that was delicious. Really healed my need for thirst."

I scoffed while rolling my eyes playfully. "Are we leaving now or in two weeks, Horan? I just want to get there and get home, I'm not really into the partying mood but I'm only going because you invited me, plus you're buying the drinks."

Niall nodded but stopped as he realised what I said. "What! No, I'm not," he exclaimed as he pouted.

"You can buy me one drink then."