49 [PART TWO]\\Get Together

Phoebe

The store shopping trip was the longest I've taken just to shop and get ingredients. Harry was being a complete nuisance; always picking up items and trying to make me laugh when all I wanted to do was go in, grab what I needed and be out again. But he had different plans, he continued to be annoying so I sent him to grab some cream for dessert and he came back with so many different things and I wanted to smack him right then and there.

We ended up spending almost three hours at the store.

He finally dropped me off after a few detours throughout the ride home so he could take in the scenery, but I thought it was because he was going to miss the company since Gemma was going to be in the room for the rest of the day, I presume; to get ready for dinner tonight. So once I got inside my apartment, with the help of Harry bringing some of the groceries inside; he finally left which meant I could get dinner started.

I had put the oven on to preheat it for the chicken tonight, along with a few other sides we were going to have. Potatoes, vegetables along with a few different nibbles. It wasn't going to take long since Niall was due back any minute now, he spent Christmas back at home with his family in Ireland, but he's got a gig soon so he's gotta come back. So, once he gets back, he'll be helping me get everything ready.

Right on queue, I heard the door open and close. I smiled whilst I was peeling the potatoes to put in the oven with the chicken, which had been prepped to be put in a little later. I wiped my hands and peered from the kitchen to see Niall standing still, his back to me; putting his bag on the floor. I raced over to him, my hands engulfing him in a hug. "Whoa, whoa," he said; my hug almost knocking us both over on the floor. "Hello to you too, Pheebs."

I continued to hug him before he turned around, pulling my arms away from him so he could wrap his own arms around me. I sighed into his hug, I did miss Niall; I missed the company and his contagious laughter throughout the day. He's like a brother to me and I'm going to miss him when he has to leave. "Hello Niall," I giggled when he laughed. "I missed you, how was Christmas for you?"

"Great, I got to see everyone which was good. Mum missed me the most," he said whilst moving some of his stuff back to where it was. I missed having the pull-out couch I had brought just for Niall to sleep on. The bed we tried to get from storage wasn't all that great, so I just went and bought a sweet-ass sofa-bed, which I missed having out. "But anyways, I missed you too, Pheebs, how was your Christmas with Harry?"

I smiled at the thought of yesterday. I know I keep saying I had a great time, but I truly did. It was one of the best Christmas' I've had in a long time. The last good Christmas I had was when mum was alive and I still miss her every day. "It was pretty good, I got to hang out with his mum, sister, and step-dad. We had such a great time, I didn't really want to leave but this dinner is happening, whether we're ready for it or not."

"That's the spirit," Niall laughed whilst he took in a few breaths of air. "I'm looking forward to it but then again, I'm not. I know what's happened between Brooke and that guy, Louis, but how bad was it? Enough to cause a huge scene at the dinner table or what?"

"Probably," I sighed whilst staring outside. My nerves right now seem to make me feel a bit uneasy. Maybe I should've postponed this until a little later, maybe in a few weeks. But everyone that I invited had let me know they were coming so maybe it wasn't too early since everything had happened. "I'm still wary of it though. I don't want everyone to become enemies when the night's done."

Niall nodded, understanding exactly where I was coming from. I didn't want anyone to be hating on anyone once the dinner's over. "The only thing you can do in this situation is let the night happen how it's going to happen. You don't really have any control over what's going to be said at the dinner table, let alone predict how the night will turn out. I'll be on hand if you need help to break apart a fight."