51\\Cutting Ties

Harry

What a great start to the New Year. I had such a great time last night and I finally worked up the courage to express my feelings to the one I wanted the most. It's been a few weeks – almost a month since I realised my feelings for Phoebe. I couldn't actually put into words how many feelings I feel when someone mentions her name or even when I see her. The way she smiles and the way her laugh rings throughout the room just made me so happy.

I woke up this morning with my girl, asleep on my chest and all I could do was admire her whilst she slept. She was sound asleep, which made my heart beat so rapidly, I thought it was going to leap out of my chest. I felt like I was a teenager again when he meets his soulmate, his first love and all he feels is happiness whenever she's around. I haven't been this happy in such a long time and I couldn't wait to share my life with Blondie.

My phone started to vibrate on the bedside table and I didn't want to move and grab it, but it could be important. I ever so gently moved and grabbed it, seeing it was Desmond. I slowly moved Phoebe off my chest, even though I didn't want too, but she continued to be sound asleep. I smiled at her sleeping, before accepting the call. "Desmond, what a surprise," I answered, slowly closing my bedroom door.

"Harry, my boy, how was your New Year's party?"

I smiled at the thought of how it went when all I could think about was Phoebe's smiling face when I asked her to be mine. "It went good, everyone that I wanted to be there was there and we entered the New Year with a blast. I bet yours was just cooped up in your office with paperwork?"

"How did you know?" He chuckled as I did too. "I'm glad you had a great party, son. I just wanted you to come to the club sometime today, we have much to discuss, especially to talk about the business contract with Nathan."

I thought for a moment before I remembered. He visited the other day when Phoebe was here. We were talking about a few things before she woke up and I was meant to talk about it to Desmond. "Yeah, he came over the other day. We talked for an hour or so, a few ideas being talked about. He's a pretty creative guy, props to him."

"Nathan is one for creative ideas, he's a pretty great business investor. Although I've never met him in person, he seems like an interesting character nonetheless," My mind kept thinking about how Desmond's never met him in person, which intrigued me. How is it that he was keen to meet me but has never met the one person who runs the business he's invested into?

"You've never met him in person?" I asked, raising my eyebrows, even if he couldn't see them. I was sitting on my couch, listening to what Desmond had to say. I was also making sure Phoebe wasn't going to walk out of my room anytime soon since I still have a lot to think about telling her.

I heard him rustle something around before he cleared his throat. "Not in person, no, over the phone, I've heard his voice. I don't even know what the man looks like, he's a very keeping to himself person. He doesn't like to reveal himself to the bosses that run the business' he's invested it. I think its privacy or something, but as long as he's invested, I don't mind not meeting him."

I thought for a moment, what would be the right words to use to describe Nathan. "He's pretty professional when it comes to contracts and documents being signed," I told Desmond as I got up to grab myself some orange juice. I could hear someone come into his office and talk to him for a minute before he shooed them away. "Who was that?"

"Liam," He simply said. "Told me there's a delivery outside and I have to sign for it, apparently. But, please, come in later, yes? I know you're probably hungover but I need to speak to you about Nathan. Not just that he's very professional, but I want to know what he wanted."