27\\Holmes Chapel

Phoebe

2 YEARS AGO

Brooke had invited Phoebe to attend a concert with her. It was Maroon 5 playing and Brooke wanted someone that would enjoy their music and not complain about how shitty they sounded. It was a Friday night and it was quite cool, a few winter chills. Brooke had been over at Phoebe's apartment so they could get ready together. "I'm so excited to see them, Adam Levine is my idol. Isn't it funny how we share the same last name but we're not related?"

"Yes, Brooke, I know how excited you are and you've told me all about yours and Adam's last name matching," Phoebe giggle while she was curling her blonde hair for tonight. Phoebe had to admit, Maroon 5 aren't as bad as people think, and they're quite a great band. "You've been talking about this for weeks, babes."

"Because I finally get to see my idol in person, silly," Brooke shot back while she was eating some chocolate. Phoebe had brought her some chocolate to snack on while she got ready since she knows how much Brooke gets hungry. Phoebe was almost ready when Brooke was still snacking on her chocolate. "We have to leave in a few minutes otherwise we might be too late to enter."

Phoebe let out a giggle as she was finished putting on her make-up. She walked out to meet Brooke. She was wearing a t-shirt with a leather jacket along with some sneakers and jeans. Phoebe was wearing the same except she had a warmer jacket which complimented her outfit. "We still have two hours before the concert, worry wart. Stop worrying, we'll get there and get our seats."

"I'm so giddy, babes."

"I know you are babes, I am too and I don't even like them as much as you," Phoebe giggled while Brooke nodded, finishing off her chocolate as Phoebe was making sure the windows were closed and her curtains were pulled. "Now, are you ready, Brooke or do you need a moment?"

"No, I'm ready, let's go before I end up growing grey hairs from worrying about the line wanting to get into the stadium."

Phoebe giggled as she grabbed Brooke's hand, pulling her out of the apartment and closing the locked door while they waited for the elevator. "I love you, Bee."

"I love you too, Pheebs but there's no time for that, we gotta go."

PRESENT

The last couple of days have been hectic as hell. I've been scrambling to juggle hanging out with Niall in my apartment, my job – which Louis isn't too pleased about – as well as going to see how Harry's doing. He got discharged from the hospital yesterday which I was around there until late at night, he tried to make me stay the night but I told him that I've got to go home and pack for today.

It's Friday, four-twenty-four in the morning and I'm frantic.

I have just under four hours until my flight with Gemma and I keep thinking I've forgotten some things that I've wanted to take. I've been over my luggage so many times that I think I've got it indented in my brain. I'm taking a suitcase along with my handbag, laptop bag and a carry-on bag with a few other bits that I couldn't fit in my suitcase.

"How's the packing going, Pheebs?" I heard behind me while I was going over my stuff for the fifth time this morning. Niall was standing in the doorway of my bedroom with a cup of coffee for me. He walked in gently, handing me the coffee as I thanked him. Niall had gotten up because he wanted to spend some time before I left. I insisted that he sleep until I needed to be at the airport but he told me that he doesn't mind.

"It's going, alright. I keep thinking I've forgotten the littlest thing which makes me have to sort out my suitcases again. I've been over it five times this morning," I told him as he chuckled, sitting on my bed in a space where my suitcases aren't covering. I took a sip of my coffee, feeling the warm liquid run down my throat. "Help me, Niall. I think I'm almost going insane."