6\\"Date with Destiny"

Phoebe

10 YEARS AGO

"Happy Birthday Krissy!"

As Krissy blew out her candles, the whole family were surrounding her, celebrating it with their relative. Eden had made sure to invite her closest friends plus their grandmother and grandfather for the event. Her oldest baby was turning 13 years old, which brought tears to her eyes. All of Krissy's friends cheered as the candles flames were extinguished by her breath, a smile spreading on her face.

After everyone had eaten their slice of cake, it was time for Krissy to open her presents from everyone. The places on the sofa were filled with smiling faces along with the floor around her. As Krissy started to rip into her presents, Phoebe watched her sister intently, the emotions following through her were happiness plus sadness. Phoebe was ecstatic with Krissy's birthday but upset because the father she might never know couldn't share the moment with her and their family.

"Thank you so much, Chloe and Sofia! These are the best, I can't wait until we can do make-overs with this new make-up," Krissy thanked her best friends before they gave her a group hug, giggling which made everyone else in the room have a little giggle as well. Chloe had gotten Krissy some new lip-gloss and to compliment the lip-gloss Chloe got, Sofia brought some cute eyeshadow.

Next up, Krissy opened their grandmother and grandfather's presents, which turned out to be a new duvet cover for her bed (the one she's been wanting for a while, which had tiger prints on it), a new book they spotted from the bookstore plus she got given $50 to buy anything she wanted. She thanked them with a hug and a quick kiss on the cheek. Eden's present was saved until last.

Eden had brought Krissy the one thing she had been wanting since she laid eyes on it. Every one of her friends had this item, Chloe and Sofia both had it, even her entire class had this item. As Krissy opened the small present from Eden, she squealed in delight as she lifted up her present. It was a new phone.

"Thank you, mumma! I love it so much, it's the one I wanted too, and for the record, you're the best mum ever!" She got up and gave Eden the greatest hug ever before giving her a kiss, forgetting about the other little presents by her opened gifts. She took her new phone with her upstairs with Chloe and Sofia in tow, leaving her family members behind in the lounge.

"I'm guessing she loved your gift, Edie," their grandmother pointed out before all of the grown-ups let out laughs and chuckles, leaving Phoebe the most confused.

"Did Krissy open my gift, mummy?" Little 11 year-old Phoebe asked, hopefulness in her voice as she was curious. She wasn't paying attention to most of her present opening as she could only imagine what her birthday would be like as it was coming up in a few months.

Eden looked by her presents and saw Phoebe's unopened one, laying by itself, totally disregarded from the rest. Eden frowned, mentally writing a note to scold Krissy afterwards. "No, baby, she didn't," she admitted truthfully, which made Phoebe's eyes become crystal clear, as a tear streamed down her face, "don't cry baby. She might want to save it until after. She knows it's important to her since it's from you, so I think she might keep it for you both to open later."

Even with Eden's reasoning, Krissy never opened the present that Phoebe had made with love and courage. Krissy had laid eyes on it and noticed it was from her sister, but she didn't care. To Krissy, Phoebe was just a mistake, she never wanted a sibling, let alone a sister she had to share her things with. Sometimes, Phoebe was a nice sister and helped Krissy but sometimes, in Krissy's opinion, she was just a pain in her ass.

But to Phoebe, Krissy was completely and utterly the opposite.

PRESENT

Leon and I were seated at our table-which by the way; had the best view of the stage-a champagne glass in my hand, a beer bottle in Leon's; everyone was setting up for the auction. Even though, Leon had been a little bit suspicious of my actions, he shrugged them off while watching the stage, in case he missed anything. There were a few people that waved at him, which made me feel alienated. I knew absolutely no one at this ball, yet Leon knew half the bloody population in this hall.