60\\True Colors

(please read the author's note, regarding something new)

Harry

FOUR DAYS LATER

Robin seemed to have gotten a bit better within the few days we were there. I was glad of that because he seemed to be his old self again, even if the cancer is eating away at his body. My mum seemed to be in higher spirits too. Gemma decided to stay there for a few more days to spend some time with mum by herself but Pheebs and I decided to come back.

Phoebe had to go back to work for the day since she was called in, a few things had to be sorted apparently so I decided to go and see what my father wanted. I was nervous, to say the least; he didn't know when I had stopped Leon's payments and I honestly didn't want to tell him. He needed to man up and start putting money into our investment, it wasn't just a one-sided agreement and he knew this.

Pulling up to the strip-club really made me feel uneasy. I hadn't stepped foot in this parking lot – let alone this place in a few weeks, months even. I took a deep breath as I walked towards the door, opening it and being greeted by the all too familiar music played out of the speakers. There were quite a few people here already for it being so early in the day.

"Harry!" I heard behind me as I turned around to see Zayn, waving his hand at me and ushering me to go to him. I walked through the ladies who worked for us, waitressing the regulars with drinks as I met up with him, giving him a bro hug since we hadn't seen each other in a bit. "Ma man, what's been up? I haven't seen you around here in ages."

I chuckled. "No, that's because I haven't wanted to come. You do have my cell phone number, bro, you could've just rung to hang out."

"Yes, well, I thought we established that I'm not exactly the smartest cookie that comes in the jar."

I nodded. "That I agree with," I went to look before he smacked my arm playfully. "Hey! There's no need for violence, was just stating the truth," he shook his head with a chuckle. "Any reason why the old man wants to see me? He said it was "important" and I have a feeling it's far from it."

We walked out from where the music was booming to the hallway before the offices. Zayn turned to me with a weak smile. "Well, he found out that there isn't much money coming in as usual and I think he thinks you have something to do with that. Not saying you do, but that's what he told us."

I sighed gently. "That's because I do have something to do with it, Zayn. It's my fault that this has happened, but he does need to realize it's not a one-sided agreement here. When we first started up this joint business, he agreed that both of us would put money into this and he hasn't put in jack shit for years. It's always me picking up the slack."

"Welcome to fathers," he scoffed as I nodded. "That's why I'm glad I don't have anything to do with my father. They're there to be supportive, sure, but in the long run, they only care about whether or not you can pick up their slack when they're older. It's especially harder when you run a business with them."

"You don't say?" I remarked, leaning on the wall. "I just regret ever agreeing to this. If I had of known I'd be responsible for the finances, I would have straight out declined. My father doesn't deserve to be in this business if he's raking in the benefits, not even thinking of how he got them in the first place."

Zayn put his hand on my shoulder. "Tell him like it is, Harry. If he doesn't like it then fück him, there's plenty of other people that would hire you, my uncle has been wanting someone, I can inquire with him about hiring you."

"You'd do that for me?" I asked.

"Of course," he said, squeezing my shoulder. "You're a mate, a good one at that and I don't want you to be jobless because how else would you be able to treat Phoebe out?" I nodded as I smiled at him. "I know what you're thinking and don't say it, you'd do it if our lives were reverted."