58\\Hospital

Phoebe

The hospital wasn't one to write home about, the walls needed new wallpaper, the magazines were outdated and the waiting area was damn right disgusting. I couldn't believe how much they didn't keep it neat and tidy. We were in the waiting area, waiting for Anne to come out and get us. Harry had texted her earlier today, surprising her that we were here since she didn't know.

Which I'm pretty sure bought a smile on Anne and Robin's face.

Gemma was on her phone whilst Harry had his arm around me, watching for his mum to come through the doors. I was leaning into him, my head resting on his shoulder. I had my eyes closed for a minute, letting my mind wander a little bit. "I'm nervous," I heard Harry whisper to me, which made my heart break almost instantly.

"Nervous? About seeing Robin?"

I opened my eyes to see him nodding. "Yeah," he said, sighing gently as Gemma had her headphones in, and listening to music I presume. "I don't really know if this will be it or not and I'm more nervous about how Gem is going to be when he does pass; she's closer to him than me. I mean, don't get me wrong; I'll be heartbroken if this is it but I'm worried about her mental state after this."

I hugged Harry gently, making sure he knew I was listening. "She'll be alright, babe. You honestly underestimate how strong she is. She's been through so much already; this is just another road bump. It may take her a little longer to come to terms with it but she's strong, she'll get through this with the help of us and your mum."

"I honestly don't know what I would do without you," he spoke as he leaned down, his lips meeting mine in a kiss. I missed having these moments with Harry when we were away from each other. I wanted to deepen the kiss, but we heard the doors open and Anne walked out, rushing towards us. I leaned off him, so he could get up as he wrapped his arms around his mum. "Hi, mum."

Anne was silent as she hugged him tightly. "I've missed you so much," she said, with the tears flowing down her face. Gemma had taken out her headphones, walking over to her as they hugged tightly. "I've missed you too, Gemmy." She turned to me with a smile. "And hello to you, beautiful girl."

I gave her a tight hug, my arms wrapping around her like it was my last hug ever on earth. I could feel her relaxing into my arms; which was what I wanted all along. "It's nice to see you, Anne. I've missed you," I whispered in her ear as she gave me a light kiss on my cheek; before she let go of me. "How are you holding up?"

She nodded, wiping a few stray tears from her eyes. "As much as I can hold myself up," she spoke, a little crack in her voice which only made me feel even sadder. "It's been a rough few days, with Robin, but he's in a good place, getting the treatment he needs; the nurses have been swooning over him, helping him when he needs it whilst making sure I'm comfortable. It's been rough, but manageable."

Harry walked over to her, wrapping his arm around her tightly. "We're here now mum, to comfort you, I love you," he spoke, giving her a kiss on her forehead as she snuggled into him. He looked at me with sad eyes and I knew he could feel his mum's pain, which only made me break even more. I wanted to be there for him, more than anything; but I can't combat his sadness that he feels for his mum, the only thing I can do is make sure he knows I'm not going anywhere.

"I love you too, son, and you too Gem," she said as she walked over; hugging her as well. I stood there, watching his family hug; which I understood. "And you too, Phoebe. Get in here," she spoke as I smiled; a tear rolling down my face as I walked over; becoming one with their family.

We broke away from the hug as Anne wiped her tears and sniffing. "You guys can go and see Robin, I want to catch up with Phoebe. He should be awake now. We'll be in soon," I was a little confused why she wanted to talk to me but I went with it, smiling at Harry. He walked over to me, giving me a kiss on the lips before he kissed my hand as he let go of it, waving at him and Gemma walked through the doors. She guided me towards the waiting room chairs as we sat down. "Phoebe, can I just say how proud I am of you; to still be here for Harry."