8\\Lunch Date With Bee

Phoebe

5 YEARS AGO

"Hey Phoebe, I think you should come over and hang out with your best friend," Phoebe heard over the phone when she answered it. She didn't get given the chance to say hello before the person on the other line spoke. "Like, right now, preferably."

"Sassy and classy, just the way you work, Bee," she giggled as Brooke started to laugh along with her. "I'll just grab my shit and I'll be over, okay?"

"You better, I have your favourite snack: ice cream sandwiches."

After hanging up the phone to Brooke, Phoebe had grabbed her handbag along with its contents before walking into the living room where Leon had been sitting; watching some program on the television. She couldn't quite grasp what the program was about but Leon didn't look like he was enjoying it. "Hey Leon?"

"Yes, Phoebe? What can I do for you, sweetheart?"

"Can you drop me around at Brooke's? She just rang and wants me to go over there," Phoebe asked nicely. Brooke lived a few blocks away but it was looking a little grey plus there were a few spits of rain and Phoebe didn't want to have to walk there and it rain on her parade. "It's looking like it's about to rain and I don't want to get wet, please?"

Leon let out a playful groan which afterwards, he flashed her a smile. "Of course I can, Phoebe. Let me grab my keys."

Phoebe happily smiled at him as he turned the television off and walked out of the room. It was in the middle of January, just after Christmas; their Christmas tree had been taken down last week which made the living room look a little bare. With pictures of herself and Krissy along the walls; Phoebe thought it brightened up the place a little.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes," Phoebe confirmed. "I'm very ready."

"Let's go."

A few minutes later, Phoebe was waving goodbye to Leon as he drove off. Brooke had seen her out the window and rushed towards the door, opening it and engulfing Phoebe in her arms, inhaling her perfume she had applied a few minutes earlier. They stayed hugging for a little while before it started to rain a bit more heavily, which made both Brooke and Phoebe rush inside, being greeted by her dog, Rosie. Giving her a quick pat on her head, Phoebe said hello to her mum before they both ran up the stairs.

Brooke's room was upstairs and a few doors down. As you opened it, you could tell it was hers. The walls were equally the colours red and blue along with her bed, desk, bookshelf and a flat screen television. The reason her room was so high-tech and modern was because her father works as a programmer and game creator. She had always been given the latest models of technology. "So, nothing's changed since you last visited which, may I remind you was almost 3 months ago."

"I know," Phoebe admitted, ashamedly, knowing that it had been that long since she had last been over and last seen Brooke. "I'm sorry. It's been hectic in the last 3 months, especially with Christmas. I know it was just Leon and I but it was still a hectic few months."

"I understand," Brooke said, giving her a hug again. Phoebe felt better now that she knows Brooke didn't think she was ignoring her, purposely. "But, let me catch you up on my life."

For the next two hours, Brooke was explaining all about her plans the last few months. Most of them included looking for a part-time job, so she could earn cash herself. She kept quoting her mum in most parts about "when you earn your own money, you can spend it how you want". Phoebe also explained what happened in the last few months too, updating Brooke like it was a television program.