38\\Tension and Forgiveness

Surprise, early update! Merry Christmas! xxxx

Harry

When Phoebe shut the door, I felt a wave – a surge of happiness hit me square in the face. It was so lovely to hear her laugh and see her smile. I hated not seeing those written on her face, she deserves to be happy. I knew not telling her about Gabriella broke her because she wants to get to know me and know almost everything about me, but that's still a bit raw.

Even I don't want to think about it.

I made it to the street outside her apartment and I half expected to hear her voice to come back, but I knew she was going to be busy with the bride to be. I was so happy for Louis and Brooke, they deserved happiness like the rest of us. Although it took him a few years to ask her to be his girlfriend, when he finally did it, he hasn't regretted a single moment he's shared with her.

I think it's the cutest shit ever.

I was in a moment of awe about what had happened this morning and is yet to happen tomorrow. I couldn't wait to take Phoebe out and potentially finding more out about her like she did with me. I sighed, I didn't have a car here with me since Zayn came here so I pulled out my phone and as I was about to dial, the man who had saved my life from almost ending started calling. "Bro! I was just thinking about calling you."

Zayn chuckled in my ear. "Beat you to it," he stated which was true. "How are you today Harry?"

"I'm better than last night, thank god."

"Did you relieve some sexual tension between you both? Because damn, you could feel that shit as soon as you breathed," he said into the phone, earning a chuckle from me this time. I admit I could feel the sexual tension between us, but for some reason – I don't have the urge to jump on that.

"Sorry mate, I'm not a ding dong ditch kind of guy anymore."

I walked past a few groups of people that were mumbling curse words, but it was quite nice to be able to walk down the street and not have a worry. Well, that I thought was no worry. "What the fück Harry! That was your one chance!"

I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard what he said. "I asked her to go ice skating tomorrow, bro. That's when we'll take it slow." It was true, I didn't want to rush into another relationship, I've had plenty of those go so wrong that I didn't want to risk my feelings for heartbreak.

"Where the fück has whore Harry gone?"

I stood still, wondering where that Harry had gone and why I had suddenly changed. Back when I didn't have a care in the world, I honestly slept with any women I could get my hands on – and most of them fell into my palms naturally. "He's gone mate," I answered back, watching a couple across the road with their little baby girl.

She looked around three or four and she was wearing her hair in pigtails on both sides of her head along with a small cute heart headband. She had a purple dress on along with some little flip-flops. She was walking along, holding her dad's hand as they walked past. You could hear her little giggle from where I was standing and that made my heart melt. Kids just make me want to go and adopt one myself.

"What has Phoebe done to you?" Zayn asked, which snapped me out of my daydream. I pinched my bottom lip with my two fingers like I always do. What had Phoebe done to me? I used to not have a single care in the world, yet now I have feelings and I feel sad whenever she's sad, I feel happy whenever she's happy. What the hell is happening to me?

"She's put her spell on me," I said seriously before it went silent for a moment but that was short lived when Zayn burst into laughter, whilst I followed but uneasily. Maybe she does have a spell on me, maybe it was the moment she bumped into me and spilled her latte on me. "Anyway, can your stupid ass come pick me up?"