9 [PART ONE]\\Unexpected Visitor

THE NEW TRAILER IS UP SO GO AND CHECK IT OUT XXOXOXOX

Phoebe

4 YEARS AGO

Saturday had arrived at the Evans household which filled Phoebe with joy. Most weekends, Eden took off so she could spend time with her daughter, since her work consumed her life. While Phoebe was at school, Eden would work from nine in the morning until nine at night. Phoebe used to be taken care of by their neighbour/nanny. Their neighbour, Marie, would clean, cook and help Phoebe with her homework plus get her ready for bed.

"So, what's on the agenda today, mum?" Phoebe asked Eden while she was making them some banana waffles with cream and strawberries. It was around nine-twenty in the morning when they started to make breakfast together. Eden would cut some of the strawberries up and give one to Phoebe to eat while the waffles browned.

Eden gave her one of the waffles that were done, giving her the cream and some strawberries before smiling at her. "I don't know, honey," she admitted, the endless possibilities of what they could do ringing in her mind. "I hear the carnivals in town, would you like to accompany me to the carnival?"

"Would I ever! Of course I will, mum!"

"It's settled then," Eden smiled before putting another waffle in the cooker. Phoebe had begun tucking into her waffle and was almost finished when Eden sat down to have one with her. Once they had finished their breakfast, Phoebe had gotten ready in record time which surprised Eden as they left to drive to the carnival.

They arrived at just after eleven, the carnival rapidly filling with excited children and parents as Eden paid for their tickets. Phoebe's face lit up at all the rides, her mind indecisive on what ride to attend first. Eden let out a little giggle but was shortly interrupted when Phoebe grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the bumper cars.

After the bumper cars, Phoebe and Eden picked a variety of rides and places. The House of Mirrors, Swan Lake, Spooky Lights and a few games. Eden ended up winning Phoebe a large teddy bear, which was almost the size of her as she carried it. The last ride they wanted to attend was The Thunder&Lightening. It was one of the largest and most thrilling rides at the carnival which made Phoebe want to go on it last. Eden wasn't so keen on going on it, but shortly changed her mind when Phoebe begged her with those puppy dog eyes.

After the screams, giggles and tight grasps, Eden and Phoebe descended off the rollercoaster with their stomach in knots. As they closed their day at the carnival, they had a night of cuddling on the couch. But it was shortly interrupted by a knock at the door. Eden and Phoebe both looked at each other as Eden went to answer it. She opened the door and had the wind knocked out of her. "Hey Baby."

"You're home, yeah? For good?" Eden asked, the person nodded as they engulfed Eden in a hug. Phoebe was in the living room, confused out of her mind as Eden let out little wails, crying at the sight of the person standing before her. Phoebe moved the blanket off her, pushing it to the side as she walked towards the door, seeing Eden and a man hugging. "Phoebe, baby," Eden said, sniffing her tears away. "Look whose back."

Phoebe had no recollection of who he was. An uncle? Eden's brother? Phoebe didn't have a clue on who he was. "Who's that, mum?" She whispered as she hugged Eden's side, a gasp leaving the man's mouth. "I don't know who that is."

"Baby, it's your dad, Leon. You remember him?"

"Mum, I don't know who that man is," Phoebe cried as she shook her head. Leon's heart shattered in pieces; his absence was making Eden's heart grow fonder but unfortunately, not his own daughter's.