Chapter 1

A new home and a new school.  Most people might say it's horrible. Mostly because you'll be moving away from your friends and a house that you grew up in.

But I'm actually really ecstatic! I'm looking forward to the new school I'll be attending. From the pictures that I've seen online, made me lay in bed all night thinking of what it would be like actually being there. I mean, it looks like a college campus.

Don't get me wrong or anything. I'm really going to miss my best friends and the only place I called home for so many years. The only thing is, what if my "new" home does't feel like home? What if I can't call this house my home?

I've never actually seen the house. Only my mom has and she keeps on insisting that I'll absolutely love it. The only thing she told me about the house is that there are three bedrooms, two whole bathrooms, and one half bathroom. Leaving me to use my imagination on what rest of the house looks like. 

I snap out of my thoughts and try to finish up my last few boxes I have to pack.

Luging my really heavy and big boxes from my room, to the moving truck and then back to my room, makes me realize I need to get back to the gym and work out because I'm starting to have a shortage of breath. 

I move the last box with my gymnastics and dance stuff into the truck and walk back to my room making sure I didn't leave anything behind.

I walk inside and abruptly stop at the doorway. I just stand there a sad look creeping it's way on to my face, realization dawning on me that I'm actually leaving my child hood home. I didn't realize I was starting to cry until I felt a warm tear run down my cheek.

"Elise honey!" my mom calls.

"We have to go" my dad finishes and I let out a small chuckle at them. They always somehow finish each others sentences. I wipe the tear off my face and slowly walk towards the front door trying to look at every single detail of my home.

Everywhere I look there's memories that go along with it and they flash in my mind making me smile sadly. I get to where the fire place is and a flashback of Christmas when I was a child comes to mind...

The Christmas tree was situated close but not too close to the fire place and my mom was sitting on the couch reading a book while my dad chases me around running slowly behind me on purpose. My mom looks up from her book and chuckles while she shakes her head slightly.

"You guys better stop running or else someone will get hurt considering there are a bunch of glass ornaments around" she says giving a pointed look at my dad. My dad just gives her a guilty look and obeys his wife.

When he does that though, I frown.

"Hey , don't frown kiddo" my dad says. "We still have all those ornaments just waiting to be hung on the tree" That immediately turns my frown upside down.

As we put the last ornament on the tree, my dad takes out the tree topper shaped like a silver sparkling star and places it in my tiny hands. "I'm going to lift you up and you place it on the top, ok?" he says. I nod eagerly.

He lifts me up and I do as told. Once I'm placed safely on the ground I look up at the tree in complete awe.

The flashback ends and I find myself slightly crying. We did that every year on Christmas with me always putting the tree topper on. I move on and continue making my way toward the front door.

When I get there, I see that my mom is waiting for me patiently. When she looks at me and sees my crying face, she gives me a sympathetic smile and pulls me in for a hug.