Chapter 15

Elise's POV

I'm so happy for Willa and Jayce. They make a cute couple just like Violet and James. I actually don't know what they are. They seem like a couple and act like one. But that's enough for me to know they are a thing though. Me on the other hand, I still haven't quite figured out my feelings toward Daniel. Every time I'm with him, I feel different. But in a good way.

And as I'm looking at him right now, the feeling comes back making me smile. He's setting down the food outside because Maya wanted to eat supper outside. Today is not one of the days I'm babysitting her. I'm just here to spend time with them. And also because Daniel's mom and my mom had this work thing to do together.

I already have finished my homework. I actually finished it during school when we had free time during class. I walk towards Daniel who is stuffing a sandwich in his mouth. I give him a weird look also scrunching up my nose in disgust. Why do boys do that? 

He looks up at me from where he's sitting and holds out his sandwich. "You want some?" He asks with a mouth full of sandwich.

I scrunch my nose again. "Mm...I think I'm good" I answer shaking my head. I bend my knees into a squat not wanting to sit in the grass with shorts on.

Daniel notices this and gives me a questioning look. "Aren't you going to sit down?" He questions when he doesn't have a mouth full of food.

"I would. But I can't. I have highly sensitive skin" I answer. It's true. I have the most sensitive skin known to man kind. Ok, that may be an over exaggerated statement but it's true. Whenever I eat or touch something my skin doesn't like or is not used to, I break out in hives.

Daniel scoffs a small chuckle. "You do?"

"Mhm," I say nodding. "Once I touched a fuzzy plant and my thumb broke out in hives." I add.

His eyes lift up in surprise. "Wow. Really?" He asks.

I nod. "You want me to show you? Do u have any fuzzy plants around?" I question looking around for a fuzzy plant.

"I don't think that's such a good idea. You're going to break out in hives". He warns, concern becoming evident.

My cheeks start to heat up as a slight blush and smile crosses my face. He actually cares about my well being. Before he notices this however, I quickly try to mask it by giving him a "duh" look. "Yes, I know that Daniel. But it happens so much that I've become used to it." I explain. "But I'm never used to hives when they appear more than one spot."

I find a fuzzy plant and touch it with my hand. The plant feels weird but cool at the same time under my touch. The white fuzzy things that stick off the plant tickles my skin as I lightly rub against it. Afterwards, I walk over to where Daniel set a blanket down for me so I could sit down. Now it's only a matter of time until I start to feel an itch prickle beneath my skin.

Lidia brings out more food and Maya comes out to join us for supper she wanted outside. She couldn't have picked a better night to have it. The sky is of orange, red, and pink ombré with the sun just meeting the horizon. There's also a slight breeze in the air just right so it doesn't give people chills to the bone. If I had my camera right now, this would be the perfect opportunity to snap some pictures.

I mindlessly scratch my hand when I feel an itch but don't think anything of it, as it could be just a normal itch. I continue to eat the BLT that Lidia prepared with chips and fruit. I lift my hand to plop a grape into my mouth and when I do so, Daniel's eyes become panicked.