Epilogue

12 years later

"Thank you so much Lilly! You didn't have to stay until the clinic closed" I say putting the syringes back in the drawer.

"None sense!" She responds, swaying her hand dismissively, "I wanted to. I have nothing else better to do anyway" she explains locking the exam room.

Lilly has been coming in to help with my pet clinic ever since I opened my own practice. Since she's been coming in so often, I decided that I would pay her since she isn't at the high school anymore even though she insists that I don't have to.

The high school no longer has the animal zoology class since they couldn't find anyone else to take over when Lilly retired. All the animals went to the local zoo but I said that I'd take in Pete the parrot since he isn't that bad of a companion to have around. So I made him the clinic parrot and he seems to love it. Pete's kind can live up to 50 years but he's getting pretty old. That doesn't stop him though, because he's still making his escapes and wondering around to the other patients and their owners.

Not even a month after I opened my clinic, I was starting to become booked with appointment after appointment. Sure I have help from the other vet techs and veterinarian doctors but it's the fact that our town doesn't have many clinics around to go to that made it so busy. I love it nonetheless though. All the patients are fun and amazing to works with as well as their owners.

"Did you want to come over for dinner?" I ask her. "I'm sure the kids will be thrilled to see you again" I add grinning.

She laughs. "I'd love to, but I have plans with old friends to go to dinner" she apologizes.

"Oh! Well, there's always next time then!" I say. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Like always" she says smiling before walking out.

I shut down my computer in my office and locked everything up after gathering all of my bags filled with files I have to finish. Lugging everything to the trunk of my car, I plopped into the drivers seat and took a relaxing breath. It was a long day today and I can't wait to get home where I'd be able to relax and have a nice meal with my family.

I went to UC Davis for college but Daniel went to a college that was the closest to it so we could stay together. And somehow we made it work for all those years. After I finished vet school and after he finished law school, Daniel proposed to me on our anniversary and three years later, I was ready to have children. On April 7th, I gave birth to twins, one boy and one girl named Spencer and Skylar. Daniel and I love them so much and always strive to give them the world. They are currently four and boy...it sure isn't any easier than their terrible threes.

I pull into the driveway of my house and took all of my things out of the trunk. As I enter the house, I could already hear yelling from upstairs. I sigh and shake my head continuously. Spencer and Skylar are fighting. I made my way to the my house office and plopped my things down at my desk and made my way to the living room.

Daniel stood up from his comfortable position on the couch and gave me a greeting kiss and hug. "How was work?" He asks.

"Fine" I answer as a yawn escapes my mouth. "You?"

"Tiring. We were assigned a new case and it doesn't seem to look good for our client" he says shaking his head.

I put my hand on his cheek for comfort. "You're amazing at what you do. I'm sure you and your team will find something and win the case"

He smiles and places another kiss onto my lips. "You do know that the kids are fighting upstairs, right?" I ask him.

He nods smiling. "Yup"

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "Then why didn't you doing anything yet?" I question.

"Well you're here now so you can take care of it" he says giving me a cheeky smile. I scowl at him and dragged him upstairs with me to take care of the argument.

We located the yelling to be in their play room. On the floor in between them is a broken toy. Daniel and I looked at each other already knowing what the argument was about, but we asked them anyway.

"Spencer broke my toy!" Skylar yells pointing at him.

Spencer shakes his head violently. "Nuh-huh! Sky broke it and didn't even let me play with it because it was my turn!"

"Ok, ok! You guys don't need to yell or fight about this" I say as steadily as I can. "Now, I don't know who, but one of you are lying. And what did we say about telling the truth?" I ask sternly. They both looking down with guilty looks.

"You said it's very important and that it...uh..." Skylar starts.

"And that if you don't tell the truth, it would come out eventually" Spencer finishes.

I nod my head in approval. "That's right. Now, who broke the toy?" I ask again.

They both look at each other and both say, "I did" at the same time. I look at them with a confused expression. They explained how they were both playing with it and then started tugging on either side of the toy until it snapped. I then told them that next time, they should tell the truth and not to worry about it because they have other toys to play with.

"You know, that's all you had to do" I say to Daniel, when we're out of the play room.

"I know, but you did it better" he answers grinning.

I grin back. "So, what you heard in there, did it sound familiar?" I question.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "The whole "truth hurts" thing?" He asks, sarcasm dripping from his voice. "No, not familiar at all"

I roll my eyes and shook my head, knowing the answer to that one. Some things don't change.

A/N: Hey!

A/N: Hey!

And...that's a wrap! The book is officially done! Hope you all enjoyed and make sure to keep an eye out for my new book coming out!

- Gia