Chapter 41

Prom is the one night where everyone comes together no matter what "clique" they might be in. Jocks, nerds, drama people, musical artists, names that don't matter at a night like this. They come together all wanting to have the best night they could ever have in their high school career. And since it's senior prom, it's the last night we'll all be together in one room having an amazing time before finals and graduation.

At least that's what I thought of while looking at my junior prom pictures at my old school. I was in the middle of reminiscing from my old school before my phone gets snatched from my hands. I scowl and looked up at Willa who was giving me a pointed look.

"Don't give me that look" she starts scowling back at me, "we have a hair and nail appointment to attend to and I don't know about you, but I'd rather be done in time for prom" She finishes.

"I'm coming, I'm coming" I say rolling me eyes.

We exit my house and jumped into Willa's car to get Violet who's waiting at her house. As we pass by the different shops and buildings, I take notice at how many people from our school is actually out and also getting ready for prom. Our closest hair and nail salon is bursting with people; either for appointment or walk ins. I stifle a small laugh as remember when we all started freaking out when we heard that the place was booked. But the salon we're going to is just in the next town over.

Once we got to the mall, we got out and made our way to the salon. On the way, we ran into some classmates who were also getting ready for prom. Many of them already had their hair, makeup, and nails done. It almost makes me a little envious at how pretty they all are. I just hope I made the right decision in choosing my look.

After about four excruciating hours of sitting, all of our makeovers are done. I get up out of my chair with unsteady legs and a sore butt, but when I turn around, my reflection beats all of that. My hair is curled in a half up, half down do and my makeup is silvery and white with a little bit of brown.

When Violet, Willa, and I turn around, we all gasp and offer each other an approving smile.

"You guys looks amazing" Violet signs.

We all smile and nod in agreement. Violet's hair is in a low bun and her makeup is rosey-pink. Willa's hair was in a side messy braid with jewels in it and with her makeup, she went for the more darker colors but it still matches her nonetheless.

I glance at the wall clock and literally gasp. We only have an hour to get back to my house where the limo was going to pick all of us up. And we still didn't even change into our dresses or heels! And we still have to wait for the guys to arrive to my house so we could take pictures before going.

"What's wrong?" Willa asks.

"We only have an hour until the limo picks us up" I say in a hurry as I gather all of my belongings.

Willa and Violet do the same and we quickly pay before rushing to the car to get back to my house. The ride there is a fifteen minute drive so hopefully there's no traffic getting back into our part of the town. Thankfully though, there was none and we caught all of the green lights.

We all literally jump out of Willa's car and ran up stairs into my room to change into our dresses.

"Hey can one of you help zip me up please?" I ask once I slip my dress on.

Violet nods her head and does as I asked. I do the same to her and Willa following after. Shortly after, the doorbell rings and we all immediately snap our heads to look at each other with exciting grins. I put my heels on to go answer the door.

"I'll get it honey!" My mom yells from down stairs.

My eyes bulge out of my head. No, no, no! She can't answer the door! She's going to embarrass me. I grown under my breath.