Chapter 3

The bell rings signaling the end of fourth period making me want to dash out of the class for lunch. I love language arts and all, but since it's right before lunch, it's kinda hard to concentrate when your tummy is literally yelling at you to put food inside!

"Alright class! Don't forget to finish reading the first 10 chapters of the book" My teacher yells. I doubt anyone was listening though. Half the class has already emptied out of the room when he said that.

I walk out of the class and head to my locker to put away my text book.

"Hey Elise!"

I turn around and recognize it to be Willa. She helped me find my way to my first period this morning. She saw me running around in the hallway, and asked if I was lost and needed help. I showed her my schedule and she said I was in the wrong building. It turns out that there's a building G1 and a building G2. Weird. I know. I thanked her and made it to my class with two minutes to spare. Since the school was so huge, they gave the students seven minutes to go to their locker and then get to class.

I offer her a smile. "Hey Willa"

"Did you find your class on time?"

"Yeah" I nod. "Thanks again"

"No problem! I know how it feels to get lost in this campus. I was the new student a couple of years ago and wish I had someone to show me the way."

"Oh. Thank you." I say again as we continue to walk toward my locker.

"Yeah! Anytime." She says and speaks up again "What lunch do you have?"

"I have lunch right now so lunch A. What about you?" I ask, hoping she has the same lunch so I don't have to sit alone. But with my luck, Willa frowns and says "I have lunch B". I open my mouth to respond but she speaks up. "I have to go to class...but maybe we can hang out later?"

"Yeah! For sure." I smile, happy I actually made a friend on my first day of school.

She smiles back "Ok! Great! See you" She says running off to her class.

When I get to my locker, I unlock it and stuff my text book into it. Afterwards, I make my way to the cafeteria and get in line to get my food.

I look at the lunch menu and my eyes widen in surprise. They literally serve anything here. They even have a desert menu! I start to think that I'm secretly going to a rich private school instead a public school.

"Excuse me miss your holding up the line!" A rude voice snaps at me.

I snap out of it and look sheepishly at the lunch lady who yelled at me. "Urm....sorry ma'am." I apologize.

The lunch lady sighs. "What would you like to eat?"

"The Chicken Alfredo Pasta please" I reply.

She nods and yells to no one in particular to the people cooking in the kitchen. The lunch ladies were never this rude at my old school. They would so kind to every student. What happened at this school?

I get to the paying section and a lady with a scanner says, "ID please" also putting my pasta on the counter. I give her my ID. She scans it and gives it back to me. I take my pasta and start to find a place to eat. I scan the cafeteria, catching a few people looking at me. Probably because I'm new.

At the far end of the cafe, I see a girl sitting by herself. At the near tables around her, people are pointing and whispering at her. I frown, feeling bad for her and decide to sit with her considering we both could use a new friend.

I make my way through the cafe, passing table after table, almost to the girl but stop at hearing my name being called.

"Elise! Over here!" A voice I recognize to be James' says.